Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good at graphics?

Options
  • 30-10-2006 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody any use at graphical work, interested in maybe doing a userbar/banner for the forum?

Here's a Spurs userbar, something similar would be great:

premiershiptottenhamhotspurvb2.png

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Not sure how good anyone reckons this one is (just a quick attempt), but maybe we could have a poll ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mate, that is quality!

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

That looks the bollox.
    Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

That looks great .... don't think we need a poll ;)

Liam, brilliant work that I'm utilising elsewhere, but a bit big for boards.ie sigs rules.

If you get a chance, a chopped down (no bigger than 300 pixels wide, 90 high, 20kb size) version would be much appreciated.

And you're due a pint from me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Here ya go.....let me know if it's clear enough - if not I'll have another go at it.

You might also let me know where you're using the other one, so I can see it "in situ".

Cheers,
    L

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Here ya go.....let me know if it's clear enough - if not I'll have another go at it.

You might also let me know where you're using the other one, so I can see it "in situ".

Cheers,
    L

Looks great Liam!

I've put the original in my sig on the FTL and COYS forums, FTL is members only (closed) but here's a COYS post that should work.

Looks great :)

Are we able to use it also on the various other boards about eg COYS etc ?

Or was it designed especially for you Ro ? :D

Robxxx7 wrote:

Are we able to use it also on the various other boards about eg COYS etc ?

Course you can mate, the more the better!

The larger image is perfect for COYS and FTL (don't know about any of the other sites).

The smaller image works for boards.ie due to the sig rules.

If anyone needs help to link this forum to the image (like I've done) let me know.

Thanks .... i think a little direction on how to add the image would be great :D

• Advertisement

OK, I've hosted the two images on my photobucket account:

Large Banner

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/therecklessone/yids/spurs-banner.jpg

Smaller Banner

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/therecklessone/yids/spurs-small-banner.jpg

You all know the url link for the forum...;)

To display an image in your signature, place the url for the image between [img]tags. Here's an example:[/img]spurs-banner.jpgThe second) infront of the I. That make sense?  Now to link the forum to the image of your choice, you need both[url] tags and [img]tags. Something like this will do:[/img][/url]banner picture[img][/img] with the last two tags having a / in front of their first letter.

Excellent ... worked a treat :D

Fellas,

Can I ask that any of you who are using these images or linking to the forum make sure that your attempts are OK with the other boards?

Especially on COYS, where I found out linking to other sites in your sig are only allowed if you get the OK from moderator "Prof".

I'm in touch with him, so hopefully will have an update soon.

OK chaps, have heard back from Prof on COYS.

Happy to let a "few" of us link to the forum in our sigs, but he's asked us to use the smaller banner to help with page loading and the like.

Cheers Ronan,

I asked prof if i can be one of the few ... so here's waiting :)

Advertisement