Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec P190

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

does it look more like the nine hundred now, or is it just me ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah it certainly has more fans, why two psu's?

silly idea tbh. especially as there are 1.1Kw psus available. And the newer hard drives and cpus are using less power, Its just a penis thing i think :p

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Maybe if they used 2 fanless psus to keep the noise down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Looking at my P180 mere inches from my head this 'new' case seems identical except for the additional 120mm fan in the top and a hideously expensive PSU.

They reckon its for 'enthusiasts' but most folks I know prefer to choose their own PSU independent of the case.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and crabby and am looking for something to complain about :D

• Advertisement

I would never buy a case with a psu already. ITs one of the worst things that can be done. Plus the cooling in the p180/190 is good enough already without the additional fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well Antec PSUs are pretty good so any Antec Case with a psu near always gets good reviews.. If Tagan/seasonic etc made cases n included PSU's would u not buy their case??

I think the inclusion of the psu is a good idea, after owning a P180(for 3 days) and trying to get my PSU into the damn thing i had to sell it.. It was a terrible design.. Wasnt made for modular PSUs, or any large psu.. Although I do agree, 1200w is crazy.. I remember the days when 350/400w was the best u could get and still seemed excessive.

What i'd like to see, seeing as that psu is basically made to fit that case is no wiring..

I'd like to see sockets around the case where u plug in leads for say ur HDs, cd rom... One for the mobo, anothe for ur GFX.. That'd be pretty cool

just patented it :)

* yoink *

I agree Antec cases are well made I only have one problem with my Sonata i keep breaking SATA cables on my hard drives which are just inside the door am I the only one who thinks those damn connectors are too delicate?

Swap the hdds round the other way, Thats wht i do.

• Advertisement

never thought of doing it that way.

Advertisement