Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Song ID thread.

Options
  • 31-10-2006 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's too early to judge and I don't know if anyone else feels this way but does anyone else think the 'The "What's That Song" Thread ' *thread* isn't really working out?

It's all well and good to consolodate all these Q&A's into one neat spot and forget about them but I'm personally finding it a nuisance to read and potentially answer.

No doubt as more and more posts get added to the thread the liklihood of a non-instantly answered question ever getting answered becomes more remote because of it getting snowed under by yet more and more requests.

So I wonder perhaps would a SONG ID *forum* be a better idea with seperate threads for each? If there indeed was an 'overwhelming litter of Song ID threads cluttering the [music] forum' then it would seem to me at least that a forum of its very own would be warrented.

Then at least the latest requests would remain ranked by date relevance, it'd certainly be easier to respond to a specific resquest and best yet requests would still be kept out of the way of the main music board.

Anyway, just a suggestion for consideration.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

...and you hereby nominate yourself as moderator of said forum? :p

Nah only messin', I was thinking more or less the same thing a while back...the sticky is becoming ever more cluttered and we've one on the dance forum that's got way more pages and is impossible to get through; if your tune isn't IDed within 3-4 posts the request is almost forgotten unless someone happens to scroll through it....although that said, I've had a lot of success with obscure dance stuff in that thread.

Maybe head off to the forums thread and make a suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't do it.. the Music forum will collapse in on itself without the functionality of song identification! :D

Think a "What's That Song" forum was proposed at one point and universally rejected.

Need a good long think about what to do with this forum.. might consider taking steps to higher powers to close it as it's a refuge for the damned (threads) at this point! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The problem is there is forums for every type of genre (*) as far as music is concerned so that's why this (general) music forum is a bit dead.

* Alternative & Indie, Classical, Dance & Electronic & DJing, Experimental Music, Jazz & Blues, Punk, Rap & Hip-Hop, Rock & Metal, Soul & R 'n' B & Funk, Traditional

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Given the above points,
    perhaps the music forum should be replaced with a whats that song forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement