Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Stand-up Comedy Gala Event

Options
  • 31-10-2006 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey Gang, just thought to Invite anyone who is around to drop into the International Bar on Tuesday 31st October for a very special night of Stand-up. Should be a blast with all the best comedians on the circuit gathered together for one hell of a night. There is even a prize for best costume so why not gather the mates and drop in, i guarantee you wont regret it. Also I am hosting, and i am rad, i even have a transformers poster. Maybe one day I will show you it, but not yet. . . not yet. Its just too soon. See ya there!

Tuesday 31st Oct
    The Comedy Cellar Presents
    "Ha'Ha'Halloween Stand-up"
    A One-off special Gala event showcasing the best in Irish Comedy talent.
    International Bar, Wicklow St.
    Doors 9/ Show 9:30
    10 euro/ 8 euro Students
    Best Costume Prize

Featuring:

Jarlath Regan: One of the biggest talents of the circuit at the moment. Performed recently at the montreal comedy festival in the Best Of Irish Gala. Soon to be featured on the new series of Just For Laughs. That means that he is, y'know..... very good.

Colm O' Regan: One of the newest comedians on the bill but also one of the most popular. Has made an incredible rise in just over a year on the circuit with highlights including performing at the Cat Laughs Comedy Festival in kilkenny this year.

Eleanor Tiernan: Irelands funniest female comedian.... seriously! There actually are some. Has performed at numerous comedy festivals around the world while also being showcased on "The Liffey Laugh" earlier this year and being a co-presenter on RTE's "The Cafe".

Neil Hickey: Very Popular young comedian. Bulmers Comedy Champ 2005, performed at this years Cat laughs and edinburgh festival. He has played all over Ireland and Britain, including Vicar Street and the Olympia Theatre. He has supported Bill Bailey no less and made his TV stand up debut this year on The Liffey Laugh. Quality.

Rory O' Hanlon: Another newcomer who is making big waves on the circuit. Recently almost got all the way in the Bulmers Comedy Competition 2006.

Padraig Fox: Love this guy! If his Alternative history of ireland doesn't get ya, his musing on the teenage mutant ninja turtles will. Gold.

Robbie Bonham: Internet Comedy God. With one of the most rabid and large fan bases around robbies performance deserves all the attention it gets. Recently has spread his comedy love to the english circuit to rave reviews. Check him out before it costs you way more to get tickets in a few years time, and even when you do get tickets, they are those really high ones in the olympia, and you just sit there thinking....damn, why did i bother. I might as well be watching this on tv. Worst.Birthday.Ever.

Simon O'keefe: Resident MC at the capitol Comedy Club and a very funny guy. His off the cuff musing an easy banter with audiences has seen his club rocket in popularity over this past year. Definitly a performance to see.

Gary Jones: Gary recently played in the bulmers international comedy festival and just before that finished his run of his own show with robbie bonham in the Kilkenny festival. Has played every major club in the country and has even been to known to do some great MC'ing,

Abie: Fantastic comedian who has just returned from the edinburgh festival after his show "Jesus: The Guantanamo Years" became one of the most talked about and succesful shows of the festival. He just finished a second run of his show at the spirit club and is a great and unique addition to the night.

Advertisement