Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple message board-PHP or ASP .NET?

Options
  • 31-10-2006 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I want a straightforward message board forum on my site.

I need to choose whether to host the site on a Windows or Unix server. My hosting package is the cheapest GoDaddy.com offering.

The Windows server option doesn't support PHP Nuke and the Unix option doesn't support ASP .NET, so I need to know which is a simpler/better method of building the forum.:confused:

Any advice much appreciated. I'm hoping I can do this with minimum development - i.e. reuse a script or code for the message boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Your best bet is probably php. Alot of current forums developed in php and it is easier to get supported on a web server and cheaper. Mite be possible to jst use an existing forum and change the theme to suit your site.

N.

Advertisement