Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem exporting colors from photoshop

• 31-10-2006 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I have spent a while this evening trying to export an image from photoshop to jpg. I cannot however get the colors in the jpg to match up to what they look like while I have the file open in photoshop.

The image is a RAW image and I am doing a "save for web" to convert to a jpg (although I have also tried the regular "Save As" to see if that helped, but to no avail).

I tried changing the color profile to sRGB but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

anyone??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

try a print screen and compare colours in another app like paint or photo editor. Maybe post up or email someone the RAW file and see if saving on their machine makes any difference. Have you tried other file formats other than JPEG?

This is all I can think of now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

When you converted from Raw into .xxx what colour space did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Roen wrote:
    When you converted from Raw into .xxx what colour space did you use?

sRGB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

ho hmm. I have exactly the same problem - I thought it was to do with the compression of the Jpg. Basically theres a colour bleed when converting to jpg from a RAW or PSD ...possibily also from a tiff, cant remember. I've been meaning to try to find a workaround, if there is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

What's your active color profile?
    what's your color profile in photoshop?
    what's your raw converter?
    do you have adobe gamma installed?
    do you use screen calibrator?

did you just reinstall your machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

If you converted from RAW to sRGB and you saved to web it is still sRGB.

Have a look in EDIT/colour settings and let us know what your "Working Space" is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

from what it looks like the windows system color profile went off. Or any other of the color profiles went off. Hence my questions. but it looks like problem went away :)

Advertisement