Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless waiting time

Options
  • 31-10-2006 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello.
    As I have said in another post I have been waiting a while to get a site survey done for Digiweb Wireless. In fact, I have been waiting since NOVEMBER 4th last year! It's crazy.
    The reason I went originally for digiweb was because they were the only option if I wanted anything more than this ****e 28.8 connecting speed...Originally when I ordered it, I was chancing my arm because it wasnt advertised for where I live but an area just over a piece of water but since then, on the government broadband website broadband.gov.ie, it shows that I can get their broadband in my area.

Does anyone have a similar story. The 1 year point in coming up soon...just a few days away...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I presume youve been in contact with them a LOT if youve been waiting that long, Whats the excuse they give when you rang them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

we are busy will be out soon line?net 1 ALWAYS use that........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm sure Crawler or Chaz, boards' resident Digiweb employees, would be willing to oblige. I was waiting for a while because of an equipment delay but a PM to Crawler got things moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Hello.
    As I have said in another post I have been waiting a while to get a site survey done for Digiweb Wireless. In fact, I have been waiting since NOVEMBER 4th last year! It's crazy.
    The reason I went originally for digiweb was because they were the only option if I wanted anything more than this ****e 28.8 connecting speed...Originally when I ordered it, I was chancing my arm because it wasnt advertised for where I live but an area just over a piece of water but since then, on the government broadband website broadband.gov.ie, it shows that I can get their broadband in my area.

Does anyone have a similar story. The 1 year point in coming up soon...just a few days away...

PM me your details and ill try and sort this out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

I presume youve been in contact with them a LOT if youve been waiting that long, Whats the excuse they give when you rang them?
    The various excuses have been usually:
    there will be someone out to you in the next two weeks
    we are waiting for equipment
    the equipment still hasnt come in yet
    we ran out of equipment

JUST 2 DAYS TO GO UNTIL I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING A YEAR

It would be just my luck if I am out of reach of the service...

Chaz wrote:
    PM me your details and ill try and sort this out for you.
    Thanks chaz!

• Advertisement

1 day to go

birthday_clipart_cake_2.gif
    It's been a Year!

And man am I pissed off!

i was recently sent email saying i could get digiweb wireless........we are getting a sign of line test soon

Line of sight survey on wednesday...probably wont be able to get it but we will see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Line of sight survey on wednesday...probably wont be able to get it but we will see...

Just came to post to indicate teh same. One concern seems to be the fact that your install might go over tidal water. This can cause problems. Lets see what the LOS results are first.

• Advertisement

Chaz wrote:
    Just came to post to indicate teh same. One concern seems to be the fact that your install might go over tidal water. This can cause problems. Lets see what the LOS results are first.
    If it works, you could have a lot of business from people in my area as the eircom speed is ****.

Line of sight test done and all working goodo...speed though is wrong but that should be fixed by tomorrow...hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Congratulations.. Now you can enjoy Skype, ebay (bid with 20s left :) ), Google Earth and all that other suff that doens't work on dialup or too expensive on dialup.

he he google earth on dial up is like torture.......

Advertisement