Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian Ignition

Options
  • 31-10-2006 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing the Hibernian ignition course on friday , And i was just wondering could anyone offer any tips ? I've read previous threads but i was just wondering what people thought of it , and is it handy enough to pass if you listen :D

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Keep a good distance from the car in front of you and start braking for roundabouts a lot sooner that you would normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's simple to pass if you listen. In the morning, you'll do a workshop thingy discussing safe driving, etc. In the afternoon, you'll be split up into pairs and be taken out by an instructor. You'll both drive around the same roads, then the instructor will discuss how you drove with you. Then instructor will do it their way (I'm not going to say the "right" way, because they make mistakes too, just less of them), and discuss it with you again. Then you will both drive again (the same roads, but in the opposite circuit to the original) and show how much you've taken what they say on board. There's no real need to "prepare" for it. Unless you routinely pull handbrake turns, cut people off, and break lights then just drive normally on the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My mom's uncle is a tester and they're only allowed pass a certain amount of people so listen and do exactly as the sample driver will have done earlier

Advertisement