Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurdles with radio filters

• 31-10-2006 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

sorry for my bad english, but this problem is translated from french. In this problem, i have to make a low-pass AM radio filter using the following information:

frequency: 130 kHz
    Condensor Capacity: 12 nF

This filter must be installed in parallel with the synthesisor.

It says to use Ohm`s law and Kirchhoff`s rule to solve the problem. Before i can solve this problem, i must find a differential equation to solve. If there is not enough information, i will try to find some more but the problem only includes these values.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I think this might be better in engineering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Hello, welcome to boards!

What's the frequency you specify for? Corner Frequency for filter maybe? Center Frequency of AM transmission?

Your 'problem' link seems to be unrelated to your question.

What you need either way is an RC Circuit, which is just a capacitor (or condensor as they used to be called) in series with a resistor, the input is applied across the series combination and the low-pass output voltage is available across the capacitor.

I'm not sure what you mean by solving a differential equation exactly, that's not really relevent to the problem you've given. More information might help alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Don't get bogged down in the differential equation. It's a useful analytic tool, but for your purposes there are 'rules of thumb' for filter design.

Advertisement