Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed using Pro Tools

• 31-10-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I just bought Mbox2 factory with protools.

I install it and read the basic (is the first time that I use recording software) and I was capable to record my guitar and bass without any big problem.

After I decided to record drums using a plug in called BFD LITE I can open the plug in, set the drums but I cannot record it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me how to do it (EX file>new track......)?

There are any special settings? There is a different plug in included in protools for record the drums? I did not install yet the factory bundle there is anything in there useful?

I know that are stupid questions but you had to understand I got the tolls only from two days and is quite hard to use it.

Thanks guys

Any info is more than welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

you need to create a stereo audio track and then insert the plug in as an aux i/p on that track. So hit "Control & +" to see the channel view and here you can set your aux in.
    That cool or was there more you wanted to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ungratefuldead

I will try this night.

last question i do record it?

There is any sampler that I can yuo use for lay down a drum tracks?

and how i record the sample?

On the Tools manual there is no such info you know where i can find them?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Pro Tools should be used in conjunton with a seperate program to run your midi sequences and samples. I highly recommend Reason. You can't beat it for all your sequencing needs.

Advertisement