Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackrock

Options
  • 31-10-2006 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Have to do mid term tests there on wed and thur. What is the best way of getting there from ucd. What number bus should i get and how far away is the exam hall from the stop

Thanks alot;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

get the 17 to blackrock, it's no more than a 15 minute walk from the bus stop in blackrock. It's a while since I've been so my memory is a bit vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its a 45minute walk
    get the 17 from campus to blackrock dart station, its a 10minute walk
    get the dart from town to brock - 10 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

careful about getting the 17 though, it's been known to be unreliable and doesn't come very often anyway. once you're in blackrock though it's no distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

carpool, someones driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

I'd recommend the DART, the 17 is too unreliable from Belfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

If you're out towards stillorgan or living out there walk - you could always get a 46a to bondi and walk down from there it's only about 20minutes tops down to blackrock exam centre from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

If you're catching the 17 make sure it doesnt say (via) Dolphin's Barn on it because it's not going the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Get the 46a to bondi and walk down is best option, 17 is a piece of ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The 17 is good when it comes. It just doesn't always come.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

17's ok, but leave plenty of time if it's the morning.

just to note too for the newbies, if your exam is in the afternoon: there's a really good quiet library upstairs in the main building in blackrock, and the building as a whole is quiet enough, so it might be better to head over in the morning.

the restaurant is a small single-storey building just alongside the 'oratory' exam hall. foods alright, better than the main restaurant anyway.

don't forget the Avoca for post-exam drinks.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt it be nice if the SU ran a bus out to blackrock around exams akin to the nite bus they ran last year. Worth a mention anyway, Im not the one that would have to organise it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

what was the night bus?

Brilliant idea by James Carrol (last years president) to run a bus from UCD to the major society/ents event in town that week and back again after wards. Think it was a euro or something. Really handy

That would probably be a great idea. That's what the SU should be doing!

There's also a bus to Dundrum town centre which runs at least some of the week.

but thats not SU. I suggested it to the welfare officer today and he though it was a good idea too. Maybe something will come of it

yes that's right, the Dundrum one is run by the Dundrum Town Centre. As far as i know it's free, and essentially it's considered worthwhile by them to run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Brilliant idea by anto kelly (last years ents officer) to run a bus from UCD to the major society/ents event in town that week and back again after wards. Think it was a euro or something. Really handy

That was James Carroll's initiative (last years President)

My appologies, Im not well up on my union matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Pythia wrote:
    The 17 is good when it comes.
    :confused:
    what the hell does that mean:? how can it be good?

it can get you close to where you want to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

it's a great route, just not a great service

Advertisement