Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Your Work Seen

Options
  • 31-10-2006 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

Just signed up after reading the post on Bugpowder, thought I'd introduce myself.

I edit and publish REDEYE MAGAZINE, which is a news/reviews/features magazine for the UK and Irish comics community. We've got a article on the Irish comics scene in our next issue 7 out in May, and although we've reviewed a handful of comics from Ireland in the past I'm conscious of the fact that there's a lot more we're not seeing.

So I'm looking for anyone who wants to publicize their comic, wants to get it reviewed or would like to contribute an article or interview, please get in touch at editor@enginecomics.co.uk. You can also read our FAQ at http://www.enginecomics.co.uk/redeye/reframeset.htm.

Cheers

baz

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oooooh, I've seen Redeye before but didn't realise it was aimed at the Irish market as well. Sounds good, I'll attempt to pass on the word as best I can. Not sure if you're aware of this but there's also the first Irish Comic Convention on the 26th of November...see here for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 REDBAZ

hi fysh,

yep redeye is aimed at ireland too, just that we can only deal with the stuff we're sent, which is why i'm asking out for people to contact us. Send them my way!

i'll try and pimp the dublin con on the usual places.

cheers
    baz

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sounds good to me, I will do my best to spread the word. Out of curiosity, are you interested in webcomics at all? I can probably foist some usable article material your way if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 REDBAZ

Sure we cover webcomics although to be honest I've very short on people to go through them and review them. I could do with a volunteer if anyone fancies it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss Shelly

Can we Volunteer other people?

• Advertisement

Hehehe, that sounds like the fine old tradition of volunteering by taking one step backwards...

PS Baz, I've dropped you an email about the webcomics thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss Shelly

Step... back?

Na, I'm a cattle prod kinda gal.

Step... back?

As in, all the prospective volunteers are standing in line, everyone but one person takes one step backwards, effectively "volunteering" him.
    Na, I'm a cattle prod kinda gal.

Not so much "volunteering" as "GBH and kidnapping" then, with an optional "selling into slavery" thrown in for good measure... I likes your thinking :D

Advertisement