Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Talk

Options
  • 31-10-2006 12:36pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

For anyone who's interested, the B&L Society are having a ghost talk today at one o'clock in Th. L.

There will be a speaker from UCC to talk about the origins of Hallowe'en, and then there will be a real exorcist in who is going to attempt to record spirits live in theatre L!

I'm looking forward to it, and I hope to see you there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I'm sorry I missed that, how did it go? I actually misread the sign as "ghost walk". god knows what that meant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how did it go? I wasn't there but I'll hazard a guess that the exorcist made a jackass of himself.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Actually, no. The exorcist seemed authentic enough. He certainly has something going for him in that he really believes in what he's doing.

A few people went up to him afterwards with problems etc that they were having, and he was able to perempt them on what had happened (ie "you've just broken up with your boyfriend..."). From that point of view it was good.

There was also something in what he filmed. He definitely captured something, what exactly, I don't know. One of the committee members was taking photos on the exorcist's digital camera and when he was taking them, he couldn't see anything special. When we played them back though, there were orbs there.

Now, I'm a sceptic at best, but I was even a bit swayed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Did the ghost orbs look like dust to anyone? Or am I just being a cynic again.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Infra-red dust? Like space dust? You've been watching too much sci-fi man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I for one do not believe that some spurious lighting in a photo could be anything less than supernatural. Infra-red space dust? I watch lots of sci-fi and that's a new one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Did the ghost orbs look like dust to anyone? Or am I just being a cynic again.
    I agree with The Minister, didn't seem that impressive to me. I'd say it was dust or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

talk was good except for the fact that a complete knob was sitting behind me and felt he was important enough to talk as much as he liked as loud as he liked. his comeback when i told him to shut up was priceless "eh, loike what? your laptop is loike blinding me". in fairness i prob shouldnt have had my laptop on but i had to download applications!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It bothered me terribly that a bunch of adults couldn't sitl still and not whoop and shout, talk amoungst themselves and generally annoy me during the talk.

Perhaps this is just a sign that I have become old. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i totally agree pretty monster! good thing its my last year in college

• Advertisement
Advertisement