Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems With Wirelss Laptop!!!

• 31-10-2006 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I have a wireless thingy in my laptop but it's not working now. There's a little 'Wireless Connection Indicator' icon in the lower right hand corner. But there's a red X going through it now. Because of this my laptop isn't wireless now.

There is a wireless network that I should be able to connect to. When I click on the icon, nothing happens even when I right click on it.

The laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNoteR4. The wireless worked fine up until broadband was put into the house, and the guy used my laptop for something. That's when the red X through the wireless icon appeared.

Is there a switch or something, can I do it myself or do ya think I'll need to call them out again?

I know it's the red X that's causing it cos my sister has the exact same laptop and the NTL internet guy didn't use hers. Her laptop is working fine and her wireless thingy hasn't been affected at all.

Help...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Right click on the Wireless Connection icon in the system tray with the red x on it.

Then click on View Available Networks.

This should display the wireless network available in your house. Then click on Connect in the bottom right hand corner.

Should be ok then. Its probably just on manual connect and once you connect it should automatically connect in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Make sure that the Wireless device is turned on

Advertisement