Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you become a Vampire?

Options
  • 31-10-2006 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

As it is Halloween.
    Would you become a vampire and gain the immortality and superpowers; on the flip side you lose your humanity and go around murdering people every couple of days.

would you become a vampire 50 votes

Yes I want to be immortal
    0% 0 votes
    No murdering people is wrong
    100% 50 votes

Comments

The thought of immortality is one that scares me incredibly.

You would never be able to fall in love with anyone as you will have to watch them grow old and die. Every single time. You watch them get worse over the years while your face never changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

..on the flip side you lose your humanity and go around murdering people every couple of days..
    Nothing would change for me in that respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would but not until I had lost a few pounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'd be an Ann Rice vampire, but not a Buffy vampire.

EDIT: You don't need to lose weight (if I remember you from the boards beers correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Who says that vampires have to kill their victims? If I was a vampire I'd drink enough from each person to keep them alive, and maybe drink from a few people if I was that hungry. I really don't see the point in killing the victim. Hell, if anything, keeping them alive means you could use them again if they tasted good. The immortality would become a problem after maybe a few hundred years, you'd have to be comfortable being a loner for that to work. 'Superpowers' would be nice to have though.

That being said, I'd still not become one.

[edit] I'm not gonna vote though, cos I don't entirely agree with the second option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What about the thought of death though?
    Life isn't all that long for us mortals, at least with immortality you'd get used to people growing old and dying but you'd get to live on to love again, and again.
    You'd also get to witness the future, see what its like 1000 years from now and you'd most likely get to witness the end of the world eventually.

I'm undecided at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I want to be a Luke Goss vampire.

Thaedydal wrote:
    I would but not until I had lost a few pounds :)

Generally most vampires seem to be thin so you wouldn't need to worry much then.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I want to be a Luke Goss vampire.
    Pre or post Bros? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I'd only be the kind of vampire that goes 'round killing other vampires and hunting witches and stuff. And I could do that as a human anyway. Vampires suck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Vampires suck.

Legend!

Now then, i would deffo become a Vampire, once you fully knew the rules. There are a lot of schools of thought on Vampires etc....for me the Anne Rice one is one of the best, if only because it's classy. :)

But yeah, i would happily be a Vampire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Nah, don't see the point :p

Especially since I watched Dracula last night, I wouldn't want people chasing me trying to kill me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

on the flip side you lose your humanity and go around murdering people every couple of days.

Huh? Lose your humanity? Says who? And again, who says you'd have to murder people?

Huh? Lose your humanity? Says who? And again, who says you'd have to murder people?

if you're going to be immortal you might as well do something to pass the time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

In all fairness it more of a food chain issue. Does the lion worry about the gazelle when it's eating it? Not really.

For me the whole joy of Vampires is the assumption that it's a step forward physcially as they become stronger, faster , tougher to kill, and a step towards the predatory as well. Thats the joy of a Vampire, until Luis came along and it was suddenly cool to be conflicted! :D

Anyway, i have my own ideas of Vampirism which has lead to me trying to write a pretty decent book....it may never be published but i'm enjoying the experience. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I find it kind of ironic that lots of people are saying "Yes, but only the Anne Rice kind" considering that the core message we get from Anne Rice's vampires is that its a torturous existence that you would not wish upon your worst enemy.

I'd certainly consider it though. I'd really want to know all the rules first, and one requirement is that I'd not have to kill people every few days, thats the kind of thing that leaves you an absolutely inhuman nightmare after just a few months. I can't fathom the mentality that would appear after years/decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

If you had to go around feeding on peoples blood, and you were immortal, you'd be the biggest form of transport for the HIV. Soon everyone would become HIV positive and everyone would die off and you'd starve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

White Wolf's World of Darkness campaign is the best imagining of the Vampire methos IMO. It combines elements of all the popular vampire myths and legends and puts them as different "clans". So you'd have the ugly Nosferatu type dudes, and the beautiful and haunting Anne Rice types.

EDIT: As regards people talking about knowing the "Rules", there are alot of set rules. Very handy.
    The premise is that there is an organisation called the Camarilla, who work to preserve "The Masquerade" ie, hiding the fact of Vampires away from the general human populace. Anyone who breaks the Masquerade is dealth with severly.
    "We live in the times of cellphone cameras and nuclear weapons. We can't afford f***ups"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

I'd be the next Blade. Feed off the wxnkers in Dublin [the many that are there]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Ann rice vampires are such pantywastes. They look like they get up in the morning (or night) and style thier hair with some vidal sassoon and then spend a few hours adjusting thier make up. Basically theyre a bunch of gayers.
    REAL vampires are like the vampires from the lost boys..now THATS some badass vampire'ing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yes. Yes I would. It seems like a lot of fun. And I enjoy sleeping the day away as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

0ubliette wrote:
    Ann rice vampires are such pantywastes. They look like they get up in the morning (or night) and style thier hair with some vidal sassoon and then spend a few hours adjusting thier make up.
    All without being able to use a mirror properly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Only if I could get blood from somewhere like a butchers so I wouldn't have to or want to kill people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

You never hear about Vampires being broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Sod that. You wouldn't be able to go on a holiday in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

You would never be able to fall in love with anyone as you will have to watch them grow old and die. Every single time. You watch them get worse over the years while your face never changes.

Easy solution, just go out with sexy vamps! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hell yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Only if I could hang out with The Lost Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

hmmm..given its halloween and ive been playing vampire TM: bloodlines it'd have to be yes...hell even being a nosferatu could be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I think a lot of people are looking at vampires and getting confused about the message that is being sent out. Yes you get to be immortal, but it just means your a miserable, selfish twat for ever. It'd be boring after about twenty years.
    Jesus, its bad enough going to the same nightclubs every week!
    This kind of reminds me of "Gangsta's" infatuation with Scarface. They see the guy come from the streets and get it all. Yes he does, but he is demented and probably suicidal at the end. You'd think since every homeboy owns a copy of it one might actually see the point of the film. Or maybe they just turn it off with 30 mins left.

Advertisement