Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carcass to reform! (maybe)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Im not fimilar with their music, but for your sake, I hope it does happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Thanks mate.

Ah, Carcass are great. Have a listen to the Heartwork tune on this page.

http://www.myspace.com/legendarycarcass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heartwork was by far their weakest, just buy Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious, and Symphonies of Sickness. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Heartwork was by far their weakest

**** that, that's my personal favourite Carcass album.

Yeah, that's true. Necroticism is a great album, but for someone to listen to them for the first time, Heartwork is probably a little more approachable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Yeah, that's true. Necroticism is a great album, but for someone to listen to them for the first time, Heartwork is probably a little more approachable.

yup - and then they should listen to "Exhume to Consume" - nonstop, 24 hour and let their ears bleed :)

I got in on Symphonies of Sickness, and I would consider that their most evil and dark album. Heartwork is weak, especially compared to those two. Now, when I say weak, I mean weak for Carcass, which means gold to anyone else. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Ph3n0m wrote:
    yup - and then they should listen to "Exhume to Consume" - nonstop, 24 hour and let their ears bleed :)

I'm praying for an excuse to quote carcass in an English essay... as it is, it was a great background while writing an answer on the poem 'Killing the Pig'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

Heartwork was by far their weakest, just buy Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious, and Symphonies of Sickness. ;)
    what? you've heard Swansong, yes?

as for the threadstarter, did you miss the part where Jeff said Bill wasn't interested? i've read a lot of interviews where a reunion has been talked about, and Bill is always the problem. he's off doing his own thing and doesn't seem to have any desire to reform. i should really hunt you down and kill you for getting my hopes up.....hmmmm

hehehe. a Carcass reformation would be fantastically awesome, but i dont know if Bill will ever want it, and Ken looks like he'll never drum metal again. which is a real shame, because he is one of my favourite metal drummers; he's not blessed with an over-abundance of talent, but i love his style.

IF they did reform, who do you reckon would drum for them? are there any likely candidates?

He's fiddling around on a kit these days, if not back to his old grandeur. And he can pretty much walk again. Steer has pretty much renounced metal of all kinds, just wants to play Clapton-esque guitar rock.

• Advertisement

It seems that he has that bloke from Cradle Of Filth ear-marked for the drummer job. If Mike Amott can convince ol' billy-boy to start playing power-chords again, it might actually happen. And considering that one of the main reasons for doing the reunion is to raise some funds for Ken Owen...
    Have a read of the article...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

**** that, that's my personal favourite Carcass album.
    Really?
    It's like their version of the Black Album imo.

I would love if they reformed, the one band I wish i could see most of all, they have my favourite song in their repertoire
    I doubt they will though, the amount of times my hopes have been up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

a reformed carcass would rock. everybodys favourite vegetarians!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I thought I was your favourite, jizzy? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Swansong and Heartwok are BY FAR the best stuff they ever did.

The older stuff is heavy but slightly immature and ultimately a bit dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

h-street23 wrote:
    Swansong and Heartwok are BY FAR the best stuff they ever did.

The older stuff is heavy but slightly immature and ultimately a bit dull.

whoa is it April Fools Day or something?

Advertisement