Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S60 Fuel Consumption

Options
  • 31-10-2006 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

ok 02 S60 2.0tse
    17" Alloys

I reckon it s a bit high at 28MPG as a mate is driving an s80 with the same engine on a 04 reg and always getting 31-32 MPG.

HAs anyone got a similar car an if so what are you getting

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is the car in need of a service? Have you a heavier foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

just bought it a few weeks back and trying me best to keep it down in the revs. I am thinking of bringing it back and insisting on a check, apparently if I say that is is chocking a bit then thay will have to put it on the machines and check everything ??

I

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I had an S60 2,0T (2003) Auto a while back. Man, it just drank petrol - and servicing made little or no difference. I used to get less than 300 miles (urban driving) to a tank :eek: Being an auto I'd expect it to be heavier on juice than a manual, but this thing was just so thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Hi

I got an s60 in july and find it heavy on juice but no more than any other 2 litre manual petrol. I had a jeep before that which was just as bad. I do 350 miles a week and putting in 54 euro to keep it full. I worked it out ages ago and it does exactly as it says in the manual which is in kilometres per litre. Love the car and also found that because of this driving it a lot more than usual!!! Hol.

Advertisement