Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on alarm clock radio

Options
  • 31-10-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a decent alarm clock with FM radio, and all I can find are really cheap models.

I'm looking for something that would have:
    • Self-adjusting time, my previos alarm clock had this and it's a great feature
    • Radio station presets
    • Different alarm settings for different days
    • Adjustable brightness that can be dimmed down really low, as my head is right next to the nightstand.
    • 24h clock

I don't think it's such an unreasonable expectation, but I can't seem to find one :)

If anyone's got a recommendation please let me know. I don't mind spending a bit of money on a good one, after all it's something I use on a regular basis :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Have you looked at a Sony clock radio? They more expensive models tend to be fairly feature rich. I got mine a good few years back and it matches everything you'd need apart perhaps from self adjusting time.

http://www.sony.ie/view/ShowProductCategory.action?site=odw_en_IE&category=RAD+Clock+Radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Hmm, some models look pretty nice.

Which one did you go for?

And can you set a separate alarm time for each day of the week? Well, mon-fri actually :)

I need to get up at different times, and at most I found alarm clocks with two settings, so you could have one alarm time for day 1-2 (mon-tue) and another for day 3-5 (wed-fri) for example, which is no use to me unfortunately :(

Advertisement