Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boyfriends and xmas

• 31-10-2006 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Hi All,

I know its a tad bit early to be thinking xmas pressies but i really would love to be sorted a few weeks before and miss all the madness. Any ideas on what a male, 25 would love for xmas. I really have no idea what to get my bf.
    Clothes, aftershave, cds, playstation games, an adventure voucher of some sort. What do guys really really want. Keep it clean :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

How much would you like to spend??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

DeiseGal wrote:
    What do guys really really want.

I'd love a new guitar, but perhaps that wouldn't suit your fellow?

You should really give us some info, what does he like to do? What are his interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

A nice jumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Almost all guys love gadgets, theres some deadly stuff on www.iwantoneofthose.com
    Maybe you could find something there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

magpie wrote:
    A nice jumper

If we're talking an item of clothing for Christmas, I'd say something like a nice jacket would be more on par. A jumper is more like something your aunt would get you.

• Advertisement

A jumper is more like something your aunt would get you.

How about some nice socks? Or a tie?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If he is into his computers maybe a Nintendo Wii could be in order, its released on the 8th of December and its around €249!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

I normally spend a couple of hundred, he likes footie games on the playstation and has just bought the new fifa game,has a vast amount of cds, have already bought him a new watch for his BD so i really am limited.
    Last xmas i got him a voucher for mondello so how can i top that one.
    Will look into that new nintendo thingy but anymore suggestions would be excellent. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

The new ipod nanos? They've updated them so they come in a few different bright colours now and at 209 for 4GB of music they're a pretty good buy. If he cares about charity and all that you could pick him up the Product Red version too, which is the same price but 10 euro of apples profits go towards helping cure aids in africa.
    http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

yeah might look into that - sounds good. Dunno if he'd really use it, will suss that one out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Recommended to a friend before that she book glider lessons for her boyfriend. He loved them.
    http://www.dublinglidingclub.ie/general/fees.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have to admit. I love vouchers but my wife would never get me them cos she thinks they are impersonal.

I would say go the gadget route...playstation, iPod etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Actually just remembered. My mate got taken on one of these for a present this year and he found it fascinating..

http://www.falconry.ie/hawkWalk.htm

Obviously depends on the person though.

Great ideas so far - please keep them coming. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

You could try one of those large hardback books with glossy pictures. i.e. History of football/film etc. Whatever he's into. Might have to get something else to go with it though, if you're splasing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Why dont you get a cool pair of jeans and a shirt/top and maybe a cat suit for yourself. He be purrin mad for you!!!!

Now theres an idea, why didnt i think of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Does he drive?

If so, you could get him a days driving at Mondello Park. Prices start at €249.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HoldenCaulfeild

Tell him your pregnant,that should suprise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Go to Toys for Big Boys and have a look at some of the gear there.
    TK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Tell him your pregnant,that should suprise him.

Brilliant.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

DeiseGal wrote:
    Hi All,

I know its a tad bit early to be thinking xmas pressies but i really would love to be sorted a few weeks before and miss all the madness. Any ideas on what a male, 25 would love for xmas. I really have no idea what to get my bf.
    Clothes, aftershave, cds, playstation games, an adventure voucher of some sort. What do guys really really want. Keep it clean :D

Get him a golf club, like the Ping G5 driver

Or a €4500 watch

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

DeiseGal wrote:
    have already bought him a new watch for his BD so i really am limited.

she already got him a watch :rolleyes:

Did you try asking him what he wants?
    sometimes the reply is "surprise me" but maybe there's something he'll want to ask for...

Advertisement