Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User-created business webpage with forms?

Options
  • 31-10-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

'Lo
    Just wondering about this.

What I'm trying to do (and I've only been thinking about this since this morning, so no serious research yet) is have a sort of classifieds web site.
    The problem is that we are mostly talking about local business here, most of which wouldn't have their own website.

So the idea (again, only since this morning....) is that the user can maybe fill out a form of sorts, with the company name, contact, brief description, etc. that then generates a standard (template?) webpage for their business.

Does this make any sense? I'm trying to see how I can be more specific, but that's really the gist.

So...... Is there anything out there that does that already? It sounds so simple, I can't believe if it hasn't been done before. Maybe there's an open source script somewhere, if anyone has heard of one?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

kinda like bebo or myspace but for business??
    would this be like a directory site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah, it's basically a business orientated MySpace/Bebo, and there are some open source programs out there that might be editable, I'm sure it could be done ;)

EDIT: Too quick frodo, you AND your filthy ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah that sounds about right, I guess.
    But very simple. Just a single page. the only image hopefully would be a company logo if they have one.

What would you call a bebo/myspace type script? It's not a blog really, is it?
    Or is it?
    /me passes out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah I was looking through those this morning.
    Sure, I'll give it another look -_-

• Advertisement
Advertisement