Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Bruton in UCD Wed 1st Nov, 1pm

Options
  • 31-10-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Richard Bruton TD will be talking tomorrow about 'Integrity in Politics - Fact or Fiction'. It's on at 1pm in c214 in Arts. Interesting and topical subject. Worth a listen.

Hosted by Young Fine Gael.

All welcome to come along!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

"All welcome"

Even shameless anti-FG partisans like myself? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

"All welcome"

make them join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I might come if he's taking questions about politics in general.

Like for example the opinion polls.

Nah I wouldn't be that mean anyway fair dues Rachel it should be an excellent talk.Its all about the issues that interest people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

TBH Sounds like he's trying to whip up the masses against Bertie.

TBH Sounds like he's trying to whip up the masses against Bertie.

I don't think that will work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Chakar wrote:
    Nah I wouldn't be that mean

Oh thank goodness!

So did anyone go? Was it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

"All welcome"

Sure We all know that Fianna Fail and Fine Gael are Like the Gambinos and the Genovese Families, At the Table they shoot at one another occassionally, but at the end of the day they eat their gnocchi from the same plate. Both Parties are trying to advance the same interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sure We all know that Fianna Fail and Fine Gael are Like the Gambinos and the Genovese Families, At the Table they shoot at one another occassionally, but at the end of the day they eat their gnocchi from the same plate. Both Parties are trying to advance the same interests.

Surely you mean Labour and fine gael since they are in coalition together??

Like every other party but with different policies.

So would you say Fine Gael and Labour have the same interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Hhmmm... Pimp my Party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Samos wrote:
    Hhmmm... Pimp my Party.

Did you cringe as much as I did ? :o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Het-Field wrote:
    Did you cringe as much as I did ? :o:o:o:o:o:o
    I did.

Samos wrote:
    Hhmmm... Pimp my Party.

I didn't cringe that slogan was chosen to get down to the young people in Ogra Fianna Fail to join the party and change, invigorate it from within.

It may have been funny and a bit silly but thats what the party were trying to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The party has achieved maximum silliness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Chakar wrote:
    I didn't cringe that slogan was chosen to get down to the young people in Ogra Fianna Fail to join the party and change, invigorate it from within.

It may have been funny and a bit silly but thats what the party were trying to achieve.

Conor, you do realise it was about as "funny", "silly" and "invigorating" as watching your boss dance drunkenly at the christmas party without popcorn or a camcorder for future blackmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Stay on topic plz, k thx bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Chakar wrote:

Funny and Silly, thats exactly what I want to be in coalition with :p NOT !!!

Only thing funnier was an Tanaiste claiming that Richard Bruton was the equivilent to mr Gobbels

Blush_01 wrote:
    Conor, you do realise it was about as "funny", "silly" and "invigorating" as watching your boss dance drunkenly at the christmas party without popcorn or a camcorder for future blackmail?

I would appreciate it if you could stop using my real name.

Anyway thats why I used the word "may" in the post you're referring to.

Pythia: How was the talk anyway?

Advertisement