Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fozzy

• 31-10-2006 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I know theres a guy who posts on this thread that shares his name with the band, but Im actually talking about the Hard Rock group fronted by WWE Superstar Chris Jericho (maybe former WWE Chris Jericho, i dont know anymore). I have to say that when this band first appeared I didnt get the joke, and taught that claiming you were a band exiled from America for 20yrs and who had your songs stolen from you by Iron Maiden and Judas Priest was nothing short of insulting.

Their first album was just basically covers, but their second album 'All That Remains' opened me up to the fact they could actually write and play their own bloody material! Some of their songs are now included in my current favourites list, and they are currently the only band I ever travelled to Belfast to see (Sunday Oct 16th 05) due to the fact that the Disturbed date the night before fell in tandum with their Voodoo Lounge appearance.

So what do people think, and would they go and see them?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I know theres a guy who posts on this thread that shares his name with the band, but Im actually talking about the Hard Rock group fronted by WWE Superstar Chris Jericho (maybe former WWE Chris Jericho, i dont know anymore). I have to say that when this band first appeared I didnt get the joke, and taught that claiming you were a band exiled from America for 20yrs and who had your songs stolen from you by Iron Maiden and Judas Priest was nothing short of insulting.

Their first album was just basically covers, but their second album 'All That Remains' opened me up to the fact they could actually write and play their own bloody material! Some of their songs are now included in my current favourites list, and they are currently the only band I ever travelled to Belfast to see (Sunday Oct 16th 05) due to the fact that the Disturbed date the night before fell in tandum with their Voodoo Lounge appearance.

So what do people think, and would they go and see them?:D

already saw them when they played the Voodoo Lounge last year, it was October 15th I think. Twas a good gig - lot of Jericho's fans (vocalist, pro-wrestler) turned out as opposed to fans of the band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am i the only one who thought of this when i saw the thread title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Good band alright, All That Remains is actually their third album though. If you ever get a chance to see their dvd you should take it, it's a very funny "documentary" about them. Only 2 original members left now, but the 3 new guys all seem to be more talented. Rich Ward is an amazing guitarist and songwriter, I was into his stuff with Stuck Mojo years and years ago. And his solo stuff is just completely different again, but still real good

Adrian Smith has said that their Maiden covers are better than the originals, which is coming close to blasphemy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Fozzy wrote:
    Adrian Smith has said that their Maiden covers are better than the originals, which is coming close to blasphemy

Yeah that kinda is alright, hope they play here again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Yea, I went to see them in Belfast and thought thry were great. I think All That Remains is a pretty good album. I was a fan of Jericho's character in WWE but I also love Rich Ward and Stuck Mojo since about 8 years ago. He's a brilliant guitarist. The new members are unbelievable, especially the guitarist and drummer. We were talkin to the band for ages after the belfast gig. The drummer had only been in the band about 4 days at the time, which was mad. lol, Jericho looked coked out of it but was real sound, as were the rest of the band.

I must get the 1st 2 albums sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yep, first heard of them when Mark Tremonti did a solo on one of the songs on the new album and thought they were pretty good. Zakk Wylde contributed too and those two songs, The Way I Am and Wanderlust are still in my playlist also. :)

Advertisement