Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains Water Tap

Options
  • 31-10-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,
    Firstly its my first post on here, so a quick hello to all.

Could anyone tell me how I can stop the hot water to the kitchen tap?
    I have a new tap I would like to install. There is a tap under the sink to switch off the cold water but nothing for the hot tap. I cannot find a tap anywhere which stops the hot water.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

There is usually a gate valve in the hot press for the hotwater cut-off to the rest of the house. The valve might be located on the pipe that connects from the water tank in the attic to the base of the hot water cylinder. Ignore the central heating flow and return pipework.

If you plan on doing any work to plumbing I strongly recommend using a qualified plumber who is insured!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement