Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband

Options
  • 31-10-2006 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Just have a few questions.
    1. If I sign up to UTV broadband, can I still keep Eircom for my telephone ?
    2. If my area has the correct lines for Eircom broadband, will this allow me to get UTV broadband ?
    3. Is the setup difficult, must new lines etc be laid into the house ?
    4. Is there any hidden charges from Eircom in regards to using their line for broadband.
    5. Are UTV a good ISP ? I'm primarily going for them due to there no download limit.
    6. Will UTV broadband work with a linksys router (unlike BT broadband)
    7. Will I be able to make a telephone call while using the broadband.
    8. Is the 2Mb package with the additionals no download limit extra a good package for say downloading a few large files each week ?

Sorry about all the question cause I don't know too much about this area.

Thanks

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No. They send you what you need. No new wiring is needed.
    4. No. You just keep paying them for line rental and calls, as you normally would and pay UTV for the BB.
    5. I have left them a while ago so I don't really know but their hasn't beem much complaint on here lately.
    6. How do you mean? BT BB works fine on any Lynksys that I've come across. It's all the same BB just different suppliers.
    7. Yes.
    8. It's fine. Just remember you pay extra for the unlimited option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Niall1234 wrote:
    Just have a few questions.
    1. If I sign up to UTV broadband, can I still keep Eircom for my telephone ?
    You also pay extra for UTV BB if you keep your calls with eircom. The prices without UTV Talk are listed at the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Sorry, just 2 other small questions.
    1. I'm guessing tha the self installation is easy and that UTV will contact Eircom to make the line ready for broadband ?
    2. I'm also guessing that UTV don't block P2P ?

Thanks again for the help.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Niall1234 wrote:
    Sorry, just 2 other small questions.
    1. I'm guessing tha the self installation is easy and that UTV will contact Eircom to make the line ready for broadband ?
    2. I'm also guessing that UTV don't block P2P ?

Thanks again for the help.

Niall
    1. Yes. Once you place the order, UTV take care of the rest. You just wait for the modem to arrive and an email to confirm your username/password and that your line is ready.
    2. No they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Niall1234 wrote:
    Is the 2Mb package with the additionals no download limit extra a good package for say downloading a few large files each week ?
    Niall1234 wrote:
    I'm also guessing that UTV don't block P2P ?

It's as bad as stealing a car you know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Cheers for all the help. Will prob go ahead and go with the utv package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tonton-bob

Hi,

I have a question about utv BB.

They ask for an Universal Acount Number but i don't know what is that number :confused:

Is it linked to the eircom account number ?

I don't have the eircom bill under my name , could that be a problem ?

Advertisement