Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get all my washing done?

Options
  • 31-10-2006 6:15pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is going to sound like a very silly question but please bear with me... I have decided that I am just too dam lazy to do my own washing and I want someone else to do it for me. I'm sick of every time I put my washing on the line it rains for a week and my clothes are then all hard and horrible. I usually end up throwing it in a pile anyway as after a hard days work i don't weant to spend hours folding clothes.
    W where can I go that I can just hand them a big bad of dirty clothes and get back a nice bad of clean folded clothes, that won't cost me an arm and a leg. I've had plenty of stuff dry cleaned before, but that is only for suits etc.
    Does anyone do this for all their laundry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Your area of Dublin would be helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

Zascar wrote:
    Does anyone do this for all their laundry?
    Well no, but I have done this in the past when my washing machine was kaput.

Lots of laundries do this. Find the closest in the Golden Pages and ask them if they do serviced washes. They'll often have a price for a "small bag" and for a "large bag". Ironing not generally included but you get them back clean and folded.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry I'm in Monkstown

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pines wrote:
    Ironing not generally included
    Usually can be arranged or is advertised in laundry ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Zascar wrote:
    I'm sick of every time I put my washing on the line it rains for a week and my clothes are then all hard and horrible. I usually end up throwing it in a pile anyway as after a hard days work i don't weant to spend hours folding clothes.
    Why don't you just buy a dryer, or replace the existing unit with a washer/dryer combo?

If you're prepared to pay a cleaners €1 a pop to service-wash your smalls and socks then that's your business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Do you have a girlfriend or a mammy? :D

Advertisement