Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electricity/gas meter

Options
  • 31-10-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm in Seabourne View and need to check my gas meter, only I don't know where it's located? Anyone know where it is and can I go check it myself or will it be locked. Bord Gais have given me a rather large bill considering I only have a gas fire and haven't had it on for the past 8 months!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Hello WingDing how big was the bill???

I live in Fairways and have enjoyed 1 small bill, I am due another soon.

As far as I know you must contact the janitor and they have a key for the meters.

Please let me know how you get on with this, if you find out anything I'd be grateful to know, I am in Fairways.

Best of luck

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Hm, well the bill was 120. But I'm after realising I was being abit of a girl. I thought only the gas fire was using the gas and that the radiator heating and water was electric. They're gas too so it wasn't that big since the last bill I got was estimated and near to nothing. Although I can't really understand now why my bills for the last year and a half have been so cheap!?

As I was saying, my first bill was 79c for the Summer months, June to AUgust, but nary a sign of my next bill yet. Any ideas on that.??

I have been tight on usage. Lights are usually OFF, save a fluoro in the kitchen, or regular bulb in sitting room.

Washing machine 4 times per week, and only now, with the cold and all, has gas been really put to use. And even then its only for 1 hour or so, twice per day, max.

Let me know how you get on chasing down a meter reading. The chap {think his name is Stephen} who drives the white Diesel van about and does snagging on our appartments told me that it could be that the fuseboxes were wired to the WRONG APARTMENTS.

Fukc it....I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks

I'm very tight on usage too, but remember the gas is used for your hot water. So unless you don't shower :D it should definately be more than 79c. My machine is only on twice a week. Your lights would be electric, as well as the power for you washing machine, fridge etc.

Basically it's just the heating and water that's gas. Anyway looking at all my bills (where to they come up with the estimates?), gas is about 40 euro a billing period for me. That said they usually have an estimate with little usage and then charge me all the rest in the next bill. Which strangely enough conincides with any gas increases so they can charge me for the last 2 months that they estimated way too low at the new high price!

The gas boxes are all over the apartment block in different locations. I rang Maria and she got the maintenance guy to take a reading for me. But I think the norm is to ring Wyse and ask them to do it.

As a matter of interest was June to August an estimated bill for you?

wingding wrote:
    I'm very tight on usage too, but remember the gas is used for your hot water. So unless you don't shower :D it should definately be more than 79c. My machine is only on twice a week. Your lights would be electric, as well as the power for you washing machine, fridge etc.

Basically it's just the heating and water that's gas. Anyway looking at all my bills (where to they come up with the estimates?), gas is about 40 euro a billing period for me. That said they usually have an estimate with little usage and then charge me all the rest in the next bill. Which strangely enough conincides with any gas increases so they can charge me for the last 2 months that they estimated way too low at the new high price!

The gas boxes are all over the apartment block in different locations. I rang Maria and she got the maintenance guy to take a reading for me. But I think the norm is to ring Wyse and ask them to do it.

As a matter of interest was June to August an estimated bill for you?

Hello Wingding.

Yes, June to August was an estimate. I got my Bill today, and I have been done just like you. The meter reading they quote as the last reading is an estimate. The meter reading, as the meter stands now is not.

So, its like this on the bill:

Present Previous
    168 43E

So the wankas have got up of their arse, come out, measured it, and are now charging me at the full clip.

Of course, this means they can't charge me again for this period by way of a later bill, but still.....

By the way my bill was €102.

Which isn't bad....but the ESB was €130, and €30 of that was VAT, Levy and PSO. Actually electricity was €102 and just like the gas they are quoting an estimate for the last reading.

Do you have a number for this Maria lady?

Many thanks indeed!

T.

• Advertisement

Just for pig iron...if we suppose {accurately enough too} that I didn't run much in the line of heating from August to September then effectively between the two bills I have been charged €230 for my lighting and hot water, dishwasher, TV for the period.

Thats a fair old whack, no?

Anyways, when I get some quid, I'll buy a field and build a log cabin...like this one. I'll have me some biodiesel generators for my light and heat. Wood burning stove for uisce te!:D :D Then ESB, Sibneft, Gazprom, Shell can GO FACK 'EMSELVES!!!

cabin_deluxein.jpg

Well the gas bill is really for June to September since they estimated the last one and you paid very little. I still don't like how they estomated it very low the month before the increase though. I might have to write into Gerry Ryan:D

If you ring Ballymore properties they'll put you through to Maria. Not sure what her second name is but if you ask for Maria they'll know who you're talking about.

Just got leccy bill. My electricity is usually around the 40 euro mark per billing period, and they've been fairly consistent over the past 18 months. 130 seems pretty steep to me and I reckon we're in the same boat (energy conscious, only there in the evenings etc.)

Anyway to sum up, averaging out the gas(after estimates) and electricity, they;re about 40 euro each a billing period. I don't think that's too bad!

Advertisement