Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mccarthy phones keane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Thank god it is put to bed.

Be interesting to see them shake hands on Nov 24th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I expect they can both laugh about it now....ahem!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Roy seems to have turned a new leaf. Its always been remarked that he is a bit Jekyll and Hyde, not split personality but the gurrier in him still resides no matter how much education and learning he gives himself. He is still maturing. What with his making up with Quinn as well and his admittance that he did wrong for both Saipan and for his 'mutual' departure at Man Utd, at least it is showing that he is working on himself.
    thebaz wrote:
    Pity personalities werent put aside 4 years ago , and Ireland could have reached a world cup final - dream on !

No way would we have reached the world cup final, even though it was an unsual tournament.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think we would have beaten Spain if we had him on the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

redspider wrote:
    No way would we have reached the world cup final, even though it was an unsual tournament.
    Dempsey wrote:
    I think we would have beaten Spain if we had him on the night

In fairness, you can't say either way. We possibly could have made it with his help, but he could've also scored an OG or got himself sent off which could've resulting in Spain giving us a more convincing beating. Who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Soap opera. Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Back to the Topic

I think in recent times Keane has done a lot of thinking about the bridges he's burnt throughout his career and it shows maturity to want to mend them. McCarthy is another step in him gaining more respect among his peers as he can admit he was wrong

BaZmO* wrote:
    In fairness, you can't say either way. We possibly could have made it with his help, but he could've also scored an OG or got himself sent off which could've resulting in Spain giving us a more convincing beating. Who knows?

The way he was playing in the qualifiers at the time though, he was playing his best stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dempsey wrote:
    The way he was playing in the qualifiers at the time though, he was playing his best stuff
    Yeah but that's a FACT. Saying that "if" he was in the team during the WC we would've won or got to the final is pure FICTION regardless of how well he was playing before the bust up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Now that Roy is a manager I wonder what he would do with any player who tried to pull a "Saipan"

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Yeah but that's a FACT. Saying that "if" he was in the team during the WC we would've won or got to the final is pure FICTION regardless of how well he was playing before the bust up.

Have you ever tried to back a horse or bet on anything, BaZmO*?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

4 years on and how things have changed - first theres the phonecall , tonight the handshake -- is Roy Keane going soft ?
    I was firmly in the Roy Keane camp at the time, but deeply regret he didn't put his grievances behind him and just went to the World Cup , where a semi final was ours !
    Maybe Roy is now seeing the difficulties in managing , its not as simple as it looks , and has a bit of respect now for "Captain Fantastic " , who seams to be doing a better job of managing at the moment , granted he has more experience !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think keane has just matured. Whats the point in holding a grudge still? Doe benefit anyone.

I hope its a good match, but sky have had a great nack of picking **** games. 0-0 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

1-1 heading towards the end. I'm only in the door but it seems like a good game.

Advertisement