Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You bastards!

Options
  • 31-10-2006 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

I finally snapped and spent 200 quid on an MP3 player for the car yesterday, before I have a nervous breakdown listening to Irish radio.

Today Im flicking the > button on my radio constantly, as usual, when I hear Ian Brown, followed by Morrissey, followed by The Frames, followed by the Killers. On the radio.

Gah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Well with an MP3 player you get to listen to all that music but in an order you chose (unless its on shuffle)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

use the mp3 player for phantom podcasts :p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well as long as they didn't play Pantera, Slayer, In Flames and Death on the radio the time I got my mp3 player, I'm happy! :D

I can't stand the radio, especially Today FM. It's basically a station with 5 songs on shuffle and repeat with presenters talking absolute bollocks in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

I'll give you €50 for the MP3 player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

If you can give me a good reason why I should sell you a brand new, still in warranty, still in packaging €200 mp3 player which hasnt even arrived yet to you for €50 you can have it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

because of the warm glowing warming glow you'll get for doing something nice. Do I win? :p

OT - I'm loving the music, the dj's not so much yet. Sinister Pete sounds like Tim Kelly doing an American accent, but with a much better playlist to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

tbh wrote:
    Sinister Pete sounds like Tim Kelly doing an American accent
    In fairness to him, he's sounding ruff after last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

streaming aint working for me! :(

sob :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

It's a miracle the radio hasn't died yet. I don't even recall the last time I listened to a radio channel. Must have been years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LauraLeeConboy

It's now safe to turn on your radio
    >Good reason why you would sell your MP3 player for 50 quid:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

CiaranC wrote:
    Today Im flicking the > button on my radio constantly, as usual, when I hear Ian Brown, followed by Morrissey, followed by The Frames, followed by the Killers. On the radio.

Gah.
    I know, it's terrible isn't it?

Luckily, when you get your MP3 player installed you can listen to good music in your car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I know, it's terrible isn't it?

Luckily, when you get your MP3 player installed you can listen to good music in your car.

I don't like sports.

So I stay away from the sports forums.

Do you see how that works?

Advertisement