Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baileys Mint/Caramel

Options
  • 31-10-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Anyone tried them yet ?
    Comments?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

they have free trials in dublin airpot.
    it was too early for the caramel tasted off on a empy stomach
    but the mint was nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I've just tried the mint chocolate one this evening. Quite nice. Not overpoweringly minty (or chocolatey) but a pleasant aftertaste. I've yet to try the caramel one but I suspect it may be a bit too sweet and sickly for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Tried them over a year ago in the UK. The mint one is okay but the caramel one is sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Keep the bottle in the fridge. They are both lovely (I prefer the caramel), especially if you drink them from the chocolate cups......

Like all Baliey, it is nicest if you have it cold, and in small quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just spent the past six months scouring every shop and off license looking for the mint one for the missus.
    Was told by a man in one of the offos that they don't sell it here anymore because it wasn't popular enough.

Does anybody know where I could get a bottle?

In other news....I tried the hazelnut flavour....it's very strong. Best used by putting a drop of it into a glass of regular Baileys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Does anybody know where I could get a bottle?
    Tesco in Sligo had it anyway.

Hmmmm...bit of a trek.
    I'm told it's very popular in the UK, maybe the other border towns have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

the airport always has it. have some one do shop and collect for you if you're not travelling. Have you tried the new biscotti flavour one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I was in Heathrow just before Christmas and there was a lady giving Baileys biscotti tasters, which is quite nice by the way. I asked her about mint Baileys and she said its no longer sold as there was no demand for it.

She said something about 5%, not sure what she meant, was it that only 5% like it, or demand was only 5%? Anyway, it is gone.
    They had biscotti and coffee flaver (yuck) and regular in the airport at 2 for £22 (the big litre bottles)

Sesame wrote: »
    I was in Heathrow just before Christmas and there was a lady giving Baileys biscotti tasters, which is quite nice by the way. I asked her about mint Baileys and she said its no longer sold as there was no demand for it.

In fairness I was told the same thing in a Dublin offo, only to find out that it is still quite common and quite popular in the UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement