Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Stream not working

Options
  • 31-10-2006 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if anbody is having any joy with the Phantom live stream?
    Managed to listen through the backup one (http://peace.str3am.com:6700/) but even this is now gone.

I'm living in Manchester now and desperately need to listen!

I suppose it will sort itself out when things calm down a bit.

Any help much appreciated!!! :D

Thanks,

Eoghan

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

no luck here either, nothing seems to be working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Eddie Specs

no joy here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Nope.... hasn't been working all day for me either... I was really looking forward to listening in work :(

O well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there!

Sorry about the live stream problems the past day or so. Basically we just ran out of capacity on the stream, too many concurrent listeners at the same time. We are trying to increase the capacity in the next few days and all problems should be sorted by then :)

Kind Regards,

Simon Maher
    simon@phantomfm.com
    www.phantom.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flemmingsjordan

Great, thanks Simon. Look forward to not working and listening to you instead!:D

• Advertisement

yay... working for me now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

how many streamers are you getting you should set up a peer server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Listening to it here in the USA Worcester MA. Sounding good .Strange to hear ads on the station but thats what pays the bills.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

working for me now too, cool..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes! :D Stream working again...woo hoo :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Gone again for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

is there any way of streaming through itunes?

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I also would like to see it listed in iTunes, or at least have a way to play it
    i can play it from the website but i'd rather use iTunes since that's what I use for the rest of my music

The stream doesn't work for me at the moment, so I'm not sure if it's working...

But if you copy and paste http://www.phantomfm.com/now/phantomlive.asx
    into Advanced -> Open Stream in iTunes, you should be able to get it to work, it worked in winamp for me anyway

(I'm using iTunes 6.0.1.3)

nah, that doesn't work, it adds the stream to my library but won't play it. I can hear it fine using the website-based player, but that's less than ideal

tried that too ... any other suggestions phantom???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Hi Peepingtom,
    Unfortunately our streaming formats aren't supported by iTunes right now. The world of streaming is still pretty fragmented so you often need to use the right player for each stream. Windows Media is our main stream and should work on most machines, Windows at least.

We have a shoutcast stream on test right now which might be a better option for some people. It's still not supported by iTunes, but there are good cross-platform players out there that should work with your system. For example, VLC player will work fine on Windows, Mac and most flavours of Linux. If you have an extra bag of microchips and some technical know-how, you can even compile versions for Solaris and other platforms. Check out http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ for more info. To access the shoutcast stream, paste this URL into the File|Open window (this will also work in Winamp):
    http://peace.str3am.com:6700/listen.pls

I hope this helps a little. I know it's nice to have everything playing in the one player, but the world isn't quite ready for that yet!

Let me know how you get on,
    Aidan

cheers Aidan ... yeah its not a huge issue not being able to use itunes to listen ..... its nice to be able to listen at all in fairness!

cheers

Aye, it works in VLC for me too, thanks!
    I'll jsut pray for an iTunes stream someday ;-)

See my new thread in this forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement