Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encoding edited footage into media/DVD.

• 31-10-2006 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Fairly basic problem here (I hope) but what is the best route for getting edited footage onto a DVD or into a media format (Quicktime etc)?

I have a short film finished in sequence on Adobe Premiere, and have tried putting it straight through the Adobe Media Encoder, not paying much attention to bitrate etc.
    I've done something similar with my DVD burner and in pursuing each avenue with ignorant abandon, have ended up with media which is both blocky and appears to go out of focus every few seconds.

The footage looks fine on the mini-Adobe monitor but just goes to sh*t as soon as I've tried "finalizing" it.
    What do I need to do once all the media is in place on the timeline?

HELP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

What do I need to do once all the media is in place on the timeline?

pay more attention to the bitrate etc...!

What was the source of your footage? mini-dv? files ripped from the web? dvd?
    What version of premier are you running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Agentembryo@hot

decob wrote:
    pay more attention to the bitrate etc...!

YES, but I don't know how to calculate for optimum quality.
    It's all mini-DV footage and edited on Adobe Premiere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

which version of premier? in premier pro 1.5 there is/was an option to export as a complient mpeg2 (dvd file), doesn't seem to be there in 2.

Try exporting to movie (ctrl + m), go to the settings, output as quicktime.
    try using the sorenson video 3 or photo - jpeg codec as uncompressed needs a huge amount of free space,. video size 720x576, pick your aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9), 25fps, quality 100%, and 'maintain data rate'

try that and see if the quality is less blocky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Agentembryo@hot

Thank you very much, Sir.
    I shall give that a go.

Advertisement