Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify movie

Options
  • 31-10-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get the name of a manga movie that was shown by channel 4 during the mid nineties. It was shown around the same time as cyber city oedo 808, devilman and 3x3 eyes. It was about these humans that used big robots to track down and disable construction robots that had malfunctioned. There was a guy that was responsible for the robots going crazy and he had put implants in some birds. There was a big showdown at the end on some oil rig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Spooky...was watching this last night

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Can I get a movie I.D. aswell ? :P
    It was years since ive seen it only thing I can remember is it was set in a futuristic city and this guy was given a special eye that allowed him to do stuff like ehmmm hack into networks or something all around the globe and he was also given and weapon which was a pole! that could extend like 100 meters....
    sounds strange.... but anyone know it ? or was I trippin ?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Probably some minor tripping, but many of the things you talk about are present in the Read or Die OVA. But they are different characters. The guy with the pole was a villain (though its the lead from Saiyuki), the guy with the eye is one of the good guys (the old guy). There are a couple of other characters who look a bit odd too.

Advertisement