Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting new ps2 game

• 31-10-2006 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Ok I was thinking of getting a new ps2 game as I have a voucher lying around the house for months.
    Theres a few games I was thinking about but theyve got a lotta bad reviews.
    First game I was thinking about getting was just cause but then I heard the graphics look really bad on the ps2 and apparently the missions are supposed to be very repetitive.
    Second game I was thinking about getting was scarface but then I saw a review of it on game on where it got 5/10 they said the cars handle really badly, gameplays not that great and you should only get it if youve nothing else to play.
    3rd game was bully but Im not sure if its my cup of tea as there arent really any guns in it and all you can really use as a weapon is a sling shot and perhaps a baseball bat so could be lame.
    4th game I was thinking of getting was splinter cell double agent but from what I heard the ps2 version has all the same kind of gameplay as chaos theory(which Ive got) and same graphics and not much innovation.

I dont know what would be the best out of those 4 games?
    Should I wait for call of duty 3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Have you got some of the classic games released this year for the PS2? God of War, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colussus or We ♥ Katamari

Out of those 4 I'd get Bully, I haven't played it yet but its getting great reviews and I was dissapointed by the other 3 on your list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'd say rent bully, or find a demo of it somewhere if you can before buying, since it may not be your cup of tea (as you said).

but like ciaran said, there's some great (slightly) older games out there to dig through. for the price a new one you could get 2 older ones.

also, there's that new MGS: Subsistence pack out now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

thanks thats good advice guys but yeah I got and finished resident evil 4 and god of war they were 2 great games and Im gonna get shadow of the colossus(its not in golden discs) I finished metal gear solid snake eater and subsistence is just a rehash of that with a different view.
    We love katamari is the one where youre rolling a ball around on stuff to make it bigger isnt it no Im pretty sure Id get bored of that fast.

I have a golden disc voucher lying around that I want to use up and they dont have many older games in golden discs mainly new ones.

any recommendations?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

quinnd6 wrote:
    We love katamari is the one where youre rolling a ball around on stuff to make it bigger isnt it no Im pretty sure Id get bored of that fast.

Trust me you won't. You may finish it pretty quickly but thats only because you won't be able to put it down. And you will more than likely play it again since it's so much fun.

If your not afraid to stray away a try something a lot less commercial, Gradius V is by far the best game on the PS2. It was released at a budget price so should be available quite cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

theres a new devil may cry compilation disk , dmc 1,2,and 3 all in 1 release, game have many older games now,9.99 ,not preowned,soul caliber 3 is the best ps2 3d fighter game, waaaay better than teckken.Mgs 3 is pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

gamer wrote:
    theres a new devil may cry compilation disk , dmc 1,2,and 3 all in 1 release,
    How much is that I might get that where can you buy it. Is devil may cry a bit like Resident evil or another game have never played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

God of War all the way. Bought it when it was released, still haven't tired of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reganio 2 wrote:
    How much is that I might get that where can you buy it. Is devil may cry a bit like Resident evil or another game have never played it.

It's nothing like Resi. It's a pure out and out action game and outrageously tough (except DMC2 but it's universally acknowledged to be crap). It's more like Ninja Gaiden than anything else. DMC1 was excellent and the reason I decided to get a PS2. DMC3 is one of the best games on the system. If you can get over the difficulty level (DMC3 cerberus boss is a real baptism of fire and DMC 1's first boss and nightmare and hair pullingly difficult) you will really enjoy them.

Advertisement