Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floating

Options
  • 31-10-2006 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Ok had the most wierd dream on Monday Morning. I dreamt I floated out of my body and towards my window, bumped into the window and floated back into my body and then I felt myself about to float away again but only my leg did a little and I sort of brought it back to me but then all I could here was voices (like when you are changing the channel on the radio) and I kept sort of trying to tune into one voice (not a particular voice) just one voice clearly and I remember I did but cannot remember anything it said or what it sounded like.

This was not a scary dream, it was nice in fact, light and free. Now I was under a bit of stress as kids where sick all weekend so my dream could have been like an escape from that.

Anyone else ever had similar dream(S).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Happens to me Regularly,since i was a kid, it used to be more of a dream when i was younger but as ive gotten older the scenario usually involves the environment wherever i happen to be sleeping.
    Sometimes It becomes a kind of paralysis where by I float at the beginning & become semi aware But not fully awake.
    It quite often involves voices or auditory sensations-
    This used to be quite scary but ive gotten used to it.:confused:

theres a similar thread here about Sleep paralysis which i believe is related to the floating dream(certainly in my case) & is very interesting either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

The thing is I didn't feel paralised at all, just light, like you I was semi aware of it in that when I dreaming I was kinda aware that it was a dream but yet it seemed real. It was also in the enviroment I was sleeping as in I was asleep on my bed and just sort of lifted off, but aware my body was still on the bed. I will take a look at the other thread thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Sounds like you're describing and out-of-body experience.

Have a look at this wiki article :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Goodshape wrote:
    Sounds like you're describing and out-of-body experience.

Have a look at this wiki article :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Very interesting article, I was attempting lucid dreaming there for a while and stopped as got side tracked with normal life so to speak, so I wonder if it was a semi lucid dream brought on by stress over the weekend? I had been up for a few hours with the baby and went back to bed after hubby took second shift. All in all I found it to be nice in fact, no fear, just like floating in water but much much lighter, almost feather like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Not sure about floating, but I can fly like Neo in The Matrix sometimes.

• Advertisement

I know I wasn't flying as I remained in the positon of on my back and just drifted across the room towards the window, I do recall now thinking "what is this" but not in a panic way just more curious way. I think it must be something to do with the lucid side of things though as there was no feeling "O my god I'm floating" or bright lights or tunnels or anything like that, I am not on or taking any medication precription or otherwise. so I may just have to put it down to a good experience or dream or a semi victory on the lucid side. I wouldn't mind having it happen again though and try and pay more attention, but I feel with this sort of thing trying to take to much control would sort of ruin the expereince for me.

Advertisement