Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whistle in Front wheel - Breaks/steering problem?

Options
  • 01-11-2006 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I've been getting an intermittent whistling in my front right wheel.
    It appears every now and then and when I steer left or right it goes away.
    I recently got second hand tyres on and the car has been pulling to the left ever since (the right tyre is much better than the left) and I think that might be the cause. I was ignoring it until yesterday when I got a grinding sound when breaking.
    I presume the grinding sound is that I need new break pads and I got a quote from fast fit for €90, however, I just thought I'd throw it out to the masses to see if anyone out there might have an Idea what the whistling is and if it the grinding is related or is a follow on symptom from that...
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's possible the 'whistling' is related to the pads being worn. Best thing to do is get the pads replaced (before the grinding destroys the discs) and then see if that also cures the whistling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 narcissism

got pads done and whistling seems to be gone- havent driven much yet...
    Thanks!!

Advertisement