Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-based job(s) recruitment for MMORPG

Options
  • 01-11-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Folks,

The following mails were sent to the IGA (and to a heap of gamers) with a request to pass them on. It's genuine (and in all honesty probably the worst kept secret in Dublin) and the recruiter's contact details are included in the mails.

Now, re the "finders fee"... If anyone goes for interview following this mail and gets a job, I'd ask ye to direct the finder's fee to the IGA/Gaelcon Charity Account - contact details iga@gaelcon.com.

Cheers,

Anton

<spam cut out>

edited by adnans: If anyone wants a copy of the email, contact the OP via pm so he can mail it to you. This is a discussion about MMORPGs firstly, and as most people know, mmorpg players have no need for a job. how are we going to level up and grind stuff all day if we have to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

smells fishy, but im sending in an application :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Funny, Meghen Group are offering 200 euro finders fee...
    Also, thats an exact copy of a pm that was spammed around to everyone who posted on the mmorpg forums, a couple of days ago.

And finally, you dont get to play games all day, despite information to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

if and when someone gets this job, can you please contact dudevon on outland, i need gold and epix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

A friend of mine works in building services...

He walked into a room the other day with WoW posters (with customer service instructions on them... i.e. how to deal with customers) and hundreds of computers (probably 10, he exagerates), with noone at them

He said there was a small group of "trendy european types" (i.e. people who wash) playing WoW... hmmmmmmmmm

p.s. Can't remember where he said the building was though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

p.s. Can't remember where he said the building was though
    It's in swords Co. Dublin, 5 mins away from where I live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

He said there was a small group of "trendy european types" (i.e. people who wash) playing WoW

I can picture them now !
    indexphpzu7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ah south park ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I start on monday week!

Should be a bit of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

sorry for digging this up..but there has been alot of advertising for this place on jobsites and was just wondering where abouts is it in swords..is it near a place where a bus stops coming from the city centre or santry..or would you have to walk for a good while to get to this place..??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

its in swords business park, client logic. the job is 20k a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

jaggeh wrote:
    its in swords business park, client logic. the job is 20k a year.

Out of curiosity, what does the job entail, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know if its possible to get one of those jobs without having played WOW or the likes before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

is this actually working as a GM/Tech support for World of Warcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

I went for this job through the meghan group
    they asked me if i could start strait away as i had done very well in the preinterview exam they give you.

So then i said yea sure why not, so they sent me to the first interview
    the interview went well apart from the fact the guy asking me the questions about the game *wow* hadnt even played it didnt understand the questions he was asking me and was asking them wrong ie : what are the new class changes ? i said new talents new skills for 10 lvls he said no i was like ehhh :confused:
    Then the dumb ass says no alliance get shammys and horde get paladins so i was that isnt a class change thats new classes for each faction >_<.

So apart from that it went well apart from his lack of knowing what the hell wow is.

I was told id hear back in a day or two its been 2 months :p i rang the meghan group who practicly threw the job on my lap they said they'd ring back in a day ! never heard from them again.

So thats how it went for me :confused: ive been playing wow since beta and i didnt get the job lol !
    now im sorry i forked out 400 euro on a suit for the interview.

And the place was packed with computers like 100 or so bt tech support and lexmark customer care were in the same room .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Then the dumb ass says no alliance get shammys and horde get paladins so i was that isnt a class change thats new classes for each faction >_<.
    Errrm, i haven't played WoW in over a year but I was pretty sure that the blood elfs can be shamans and the new horde race can be paladins....

edit: just looked it up, blood elfs (horde) can be paladins and draenei (alliance) can be shamans. Basically the unique classes aren't unique anymore. It's old news really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, but these classes werent changed. They gave both of the classes to each side. While technically correct, I think what kilbarrackblows is trying to say is that the question was worded quite badly since it implies "changes to the classes" rather than changes to the factions.

Advertisement