Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debranding a k800i on 3

• 01-11-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

I guys, just to let you know i debranded my sonyericsson k800i on 3 with wotanserver as i'd gotten fed up of the planet 3 icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Happy with new icons etc.

Firmware is R1ED001 - and the EROM has been upgraded R3A016.

Esato reports numerous bugfixes and improved battery life. I seem to be getting better audio on my bluetooth headset as well. Damn you 3 for forcing us to use your substandard firmware in the first place!

Obviously all the options that 3 had disabled are now available like the ota firmware upgrade (obviously you wont be able to do this on 3 but if you get it unlocked and are prepared to pay stupid data charges that are only to be found within ireland.....) the ability to select gsm or 3g.

One word of warning though - if you love your delivery reports then be prepared to loose them (on three only) as the menu seems to be controlled through the sim card and the 3 usim doesnt seem to have it - i have tried using o2 sims and the menu has appeared. Not a big deal really but it was there beforehand....... Anyway, irish firmware upgrades (3 in particular) always take forever so the €7 i paid to wotan server was worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

did you have to buy two credits on wotanserver ?
    1 to flash the EPROM and 1 to upgrade the firmware?
    Im having problems with it sayin that it cannot connect to server, but it has downloaded files to my Desktop so it is working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

No the EROM upgrade was done free of charge but failed for some reason. I then went and preformed the upgrade anyway but still had the old version. When i updated the phone using SEUS the EROM got the latest version.

As a footnote i seem to have observed better sound quality when using my sonyericsson akono headset and better batterylife on both phone and headset.....

Cheers
    I think the firewall at work is stopping me upgrade the EROM, I will update with the SEUS after wotan to get the latest EROM then.( like you did)
    I read in esato that you might get problems with the EROM and firmware been too far part (revision wise)

Hi

Upgraded the EROM from R3A011 to R3A016
    and upgraded the firmware from R1CB001(02 Customized) on wotanserver.
    Took 6 minutes.

So now I can use the offical SEUS the next time there is an update to the firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

neilled wrote:
    I guys, just to let you know i debranded my sonyericsson k800i on 3 with wotanserver as i'd gotten fed up of the planet 3 icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Happy with new icons etc.

Esato reports numerous bugfixes and improved battery life. I seem to be getting better audio on my bluetooth headset as well. Damn you 3 for forcing us to use your substandard firmware in the first place!

Obviously all the options that 3 had disabled are now available like the ota firmware upgrade (obviously you wont be able to do this on 3 but if you get it unlocked and are prepared to pay stupid data charges that are only to be found within ireland.....) the ability to select gsm or 3g.

One word of warning though - if you love your delivery reports then be prepared to loose them (on three only) as the menu seems to be controlled through the sim card and the 3 usim doesnt seem to have it - i have tried using o2 sims and the menu has appeared. Not a big deal really but it was there beforehand....... Anyway, irish firmware upgrades (3 in particular) always take forever so the €7 i paid to wotan server was worth it.

hi how often do they release firmware for the k800i?
    also are the firmwares that the wotan server give, authentic sony ericsson unmodified firmware?

cheers.

• Advertisement

neilled wrote:

how did you choose what firmware version to flash to?

Go for generic EU firmware with english support. Thats pretty much all you need to do.

neilled wrote:

hi there i bought a sim free unbranded, k800i on expansys and the software on it appears to be

R1ED001
    prgCXC1250214_CHINA_W1 R1ED001

EPROM : R3A016

prgCXC1250461_EPROM_DB2020_WILMA_FOT
    A_SIMLOCK_FLAFLA_SIBLEY_SEMCUSB

customization
    CDA102568/101 R5A
    cxc1250490 R1ED001
    APAC

content version PA24
    from a google search i found !
    CDA102568/101 - Generic Singapore & Malaysia &Philippines

so it looks like i have an apac import k800i!

i was thinking of using wotan server to change the cda to
    CDA102511/2 UK GENERIC SIMFREE MODEL
    and then using the sony ericsson update to update the firmware.

would this work. what ya think

billbond4 wrote:
    Hi

Upgraded the EROM from R3A011 to R3A016
    and upgraded the firmware from R1CB001(02 Customized) on wotanserver.
    Took 6 minutes.

So now I can use the offical SEUS the next time there is an update to the firmware.
    i heard rumours that if you upgrade firmware with wotan that you will be unable to use seus to upgrade to future versions? is this right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

It's time to refresh this thread :D
    I'm with "3" and recently I have upgraded firmware in my K800.
    My question is, how can I access their portal "Planet 3" Is it possible at all or not anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can't, as far as I know. The reason it's branded is to give you access to that.

hosi wrote:
    It's time to refresh this thread :D
    I'm with "3" and recently I have upgraded firmware in my K800.
    My question is, how can I access their portal "Planet 3" Is it possible at all or not anymore?

Hey guys. I have a few answers for you. First of all you can still view planet three, although you need to enter a few settings

firstly set up a data account named 3
    apn:3ireland.ie

leave everything else blank.

The set up an internet profile called 3 as well. Then you need to enter the homepage adress. This is http://mobile.3irleand.ie/hb/HutchKey

Hope that helps you.

I can also confirm that SEUS worked for me the other week and updated my phone with new firmware - this is after i done a debrand.

Advertisement