Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Prefered Gameplay Elements for IV

• 01-11-2006 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Since there seems to be an information gap, lets fill it with our hopes and dreams instead. What would you like to see in the next installment.

No mention of graphics btw, cause thats just moronic. Saying you want better graphics implies that other people want worse graphics, and makes you look like an idiot.

I paticularly would like to see public transport brought up to a level of realism that would allow me to use buses, trains, metros, planes to get around.

As for personal transport, I think that stealing cars should be a bit different, stolen cars could be reported, and would be considered hot until sprayed, meaning you can't just steal a car and go. That coupled with the possibilty of customisation (paint, hydralics, spoilers, engines etc..) would attach a sense of ownership to a car and make you less inclined to total it.

What would you like to see, added or removed?

(and indicators... I want indicators on the other fracken cars!)

Little things like that, to make the game a bit more engrossing would work well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

General stupidity removed, like that tram in San Fiero taking out everything in its path, and random bikes appearing on the highways without anyone on them.

Cops could be a lot smarter too, especially if you're on a higher level than they are and they flip their car over trying to get to you. Get rid of their ram the suspect AI path!

They'll drive off cliffs to get to you if your just standing below the edge! Funny, but a bit sillly too! :p

No more incredibly tiny gang territories if they go that way, i.e. that bridge in Los Santos where it takes ages waiting for a few gang members to come along to start a gang war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'd like to see them remove all this frame limiter nonsense... with the framelimiter on; it's crappy jerky framerate... with the framelimiter off; it's cars plopping onto the road out of nowhere driving 100mph in reverse... you just can't win.

Gameplay wise what I'd like to see is a combination of elements from other games I like... say Hitman and DeusEx... specifically being able to kill people then put on their clothes before equiping your multi-tool and picking a locked steam vent... allowing you access to the secret government garage where you steal the new top-secret sports car and collect some hookers on the way back to the kingpins hideout.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if they just re-used the same giant San Andreas map & engine and fleshed it out bigtime with new gameplay ideas, forking plots, multiple different endings, more missions, more ways to complete those missions... overall more control over how you play.
    Having a system where failing a mission will move the plot along in a different direction, instead of everything plot-wise being frozen in time until you complete it with success.

I'd also like to see them abandon that whole complete the mission; unlock the next island idea... it's getting really old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Id love to see a multiplayer online game where everyone starts out at the bottom and has a chance to move up in the world.

Other than that not sure who mentioned it but a winter area with snowmobiles etc would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Get rid of compulsory gang battles kthx. Also stop cars making ridiculously stupid lane changes for no reason. You'd be flying along the highway with one car ahead and he waits till you're right behind to change into your lane. WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

indicators might help that.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

-Proper thunderstorms and a chance of actually being struck by lightning. Chances being higher if you're in a plane.
    -The ability to rob vehicles with a harpoon and a parachute (like in "Just Cause")
    -You should be able to drink and smoke aswell. Don't know why!?! Just for the heck of it I suppose :D Sure they had a mission in Vice city where you gotta drink drive and another mission in San Andreas where you had to drive while stoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Stephen wrote:
    Get rid of compulsory gang battles kthx. Also stop cars making ridiculously stupid lane changes for no reason. You'd be flying along the highway with one car ahead and he waits till you're right behind to change into your lane. WTF?
    Hey, that happens me regularly in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

How about if they made it that you are a cop taking bribes and stuff, slowing building up your own empire. Using the cops info to destroy the other gangs ultimately becoming the top gang leader in the city of choice.

Could be interesting having to do cop missions as well as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

And you should be able to mount machine guns and rocket launchers onto yer car.. Now that would be kewl! :D

Oh and there should be animals aswell.. like Police dogs (but I'd feel bad shooting them so maybe that's not a good idea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

What about police units mounted on elephants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No more eating and going to the gym please, that got annoying quick. But keep the other RPG elements like increasing driving skill and gun skills.

Alot of things Saints Row got right needs to be in GTA4, ragdolls, better physics, propper aiming from cars, GPS map that shows you a route to your destination, more varied activities to do after the main story line and being able to call in support/call a taxi/ call an ambulance.

Also, no bigger than GTA SA and less empty space in between please.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

A more intelligent gear system.

When I'm going uphill in an automatic car and I floor it, the car has no problem going up there. In GTA, it crawls and struggles up there in the one gear. Just change down for the love of god.

No more suicidal cops or enemies - get them to hide from you when they're trying to kill you. Don't just get them to run at you shooting with no regard for their own lives.

The ability to drink or smoke or do drugs and have sex with women (a la Hot Coffee) - everything else was in San An, why not include this in this version of the game. Trying to drive while under the influence would be brilliant. As for the sex, I think it was a stupid decision to keep the Hot Coffee out of the game in the end. Its an over 18s game anyway.

Maybe some more special cars as unlockables when you complete the game ie the batmobile, a hovercar, etc.... I can't think of any more off the top of my head but the possibilties are endless.

When you complete the game, you should be able to walk into any of the markers that you have encountered in the game and then select a mission that you have done before to attempt again.

An ability to surrender to the cops. If you don't surrender and they kill you, then you re-spawn at the cop station minus some cash and with your weapons taken from you, but if you surrender, the cash hit is less and they leave you with some of your weapons.

More intelligent cops in general. If I'm walking through an area of the city which is controlled by a rival gang, and there happens to be a cop across the road, and rival gang members start shooting at me, then I of course defend myself, who does the cop attack? Me of course - the person defending himself, not the b**tards that started the fight.

A longer delay in the time it takes rival gang members and cops to realise that its you driving the vehicle. I'm flooring it along the highway at 100mph and cops are way behind me, then I see a blur in the distance which happens to be a cop car, and that car IMMEDIATELY knows that they should chase me? Yeah, right.

But these are only minor changes. The game overall is still class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I really hated that whole thing about being shot by gangs while driving... GTA3 was the worst for that by far... after having fleed the first island, I went back to do some of the street races and had a really hard time trying to complete them because the mafia goons were letting rip at my car with their shotguns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I really hated that whole thing about being shot by gangs while driving... GTA3 was the worst for that by far... after having fleed the first island, I went back to do some of the street races and had a really hard time trying to complete them because the mafia goons were letting rip at my car with their shotguns.

They learnt from that though in all fairness, they realised that having a good chunk of an island thats completely unsafe to be in wasn't such a good idea gameplay-wise.

With VC though, they just went and threw the baby out with the bathwater and the gangs there were nothing more than a few saps with stupid looking shirts standing outside an ice-cream van garage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

- a completely unique storyline, if you dont complete a mission you get a choice to repeat it or to carry on anyway and have the storyline affected by how you did in that mission.

- an increased level of realism. dont get me wrong, im not saying graphics. by realism i mean like the grim, dull atmosphere of night time in liberty city for instance. have to say i found found SA a bit cartoony in comparison to gta3.

- AI. they really need to sort this out. in both the cops and gang members, its nothing short of retarded programming at some points.

- an online version of the game would be awesome. i like the idea of everyone starting off at the bottom, and how well they do as a character depends on how well they do in missions, trading etc.

- lose the skills tbh. i just found them annoying in SA, especially when i couldnt do one of the missions because my underwater skill wasnt high enough.

- variation in the vehicles would be nice, they've been similar in the last few games now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

- Ditch the sims bits, food, muscle etc.
    - Hot chocolate mod aside, gf thing is annoying.
    - Cars that don't disappear when you blink.
    - More city areas, less country, maybe. sometimes i like the open road
    - Suicide cops are annoying, if they could learn to do p.i.t. manoeuvre maybe.
    -more cowbell

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

My thoughts exacting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brain damaged

id like to see ,
    being able to rob banks/shops/people
    hidden packages instead of tags
    and each and every building interactive

id like to see ,
    being able to rob banks/shops/people
    hidden packages instead of tags

Try Vice City. ;)
    and each and every building interactive

Every building? surely not. There's such a thing as too much detail. I don't see what it would add to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

nealmac wrote:
    Hey, that happens me regularly in real life.
    ever get shot?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

1 - you get tired while swimming!
    2 - It would be great to be set in a Kuala Lumpur-like city or something.
    3 - A built-in mission editor (Or at least expansion packs with new missions)
    4 - MMO
    5 - Smarter cops who take cover, and return of stingers.
    6 - Option to allow your buddy drive while you do drive-by. You can give him directions though.
    7 - I like the idea (suggested above) of having the option of not being able to repeat missions, and the story continues based on your success. Would also increase the replayability of the game...
    8 - Drinking! Drink decreases your reaction time (response to the controls) while driving and makes the screen go all wobbly like in that Vice city one.
    9 - Return of funny radio stations
    10 -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Dealing drugs... If there allowed do it in scarface the game they can in gta (but with more depth, also as a theme i would like to see it as a modern day mafia style game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could deal drugs in Vice City via the Cherry Poppers ice cream van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Yea i know but it was kinda crap and i cant really recall but did it mention about drugs? i think we were ment to assume it no?

theCzar wrote:
    - Ditch the sims bits, food, muscle etc.
    - Hot chocolate mod aside, gf thing is annoying.
    - Cars that don't disappear when you blink.
    - More city areas, less country, maybe. sometimes i like the open road
    - Suicide cops are annoying, if they could learn to do p.i.t. manoeuvre maybe.
    -more cowbell

Legendary! LMAO
    :D:D

Legendary! LMAO
    :D:D

Explore the space! :D

I got a fever and the only cure is more cowbell!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I said it before, in a previous thread, but a ski resort, where you could use skis, snowboards, and snowmobiles. Cliffs you can parachute off, like in San Andreas too.
    In fact, keep most of what was in San Andreas, except for the food and girlfriend.

Maybe also have different radio stations in the different areas, so as the game progresses, you don't get sick of hearing all the same songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I was very happy with the open road idea, it gave you a chance to just drive for a while instead of doing missions all the time

I would like to see the cops giving you a harder time, i.e. they chase you for longer or chase you for smaller offences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

An ability to surrender to the cops. If you don't surrender and they kill you, then you re-spawn at the cop station minus some cash and with your weapons taken from you, but if you surrender, the cash hit is less and they leave you with some of your weapons.

More intelligent cops in general.

....bit contradictory, how intelligent would the cops be if they arrested you and then realised you with some of your weapons :D

Marts wrote:
    I was very happy with the open road idea, it gave you a chance to just drive for a while instead of doing missions all the time

I would like to see the cops giving you a harder time, i.e. they chase you for longer or chase you for smaller offences

maybe they should introduce penalty points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

maybe they should introduce penalty points :D

rofl. i want there to be interiors on planes and trains, and then you could still use that skip to the end feature (then they could introduce customs and security, and a dodgy looking arab on the planes and marshals :P)

also i would like that in car view you can use in project gotham racing where you use your head head with the left joystick to check your mirrors.

better fighting dynamics - they were just redundant.

and by the way the highway was the greatest invention for curing boredom on a slow day NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

You can expect a huge AI overhaul too I'd reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

theCzar wrote:
    -more cowbell

LMAO:D

Advertisement