Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Money out of Ebay

Options
  • 01-11-2006 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey

Just curious. You put something up on ebay, it doesn't sell, do you still get charged?

Anyone having much joy out of making money by selling things on it? Any tips?

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'm pretty sure that you still have to pay for the listing.

I've sold a few things alright, but I've no real tips....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yes you do, for more info on eBay fees, check out the following page:

http://pages.ebay.ie/help/sell/fees.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What have you in mind for selling?

I heard of one company in Milltown Malbay (I think) selling what was basically Irish bric-a-brac mainly to the US market on ebay, they went round house clearance auctions etc. buying up the stuff. They have a fulltime business going.

Others selling reprints of the proclamation of independance etc.

Like any business you are best off sticking to what you know and have a passion for. A mate of mine does a sideline in electric guitars and ham radio equipment, mainly buying on US ebay and selling on UK ebay or in the buy and sell he knows the value of that stuff, whereas I wouldn't have a clue...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GaryKelly

Was thinking of selling hurley sticks to the US market, dont ask! Tried it before by selling at the cost price, couple of views no bids and I got hit with a fee charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

GaryKelly wrote:
    Was thinking of selling hurley sticks to the US market, dont ask! Tried it before by selling at the cost price, couple of views no bids and I got hit with a fee charge.

I've heard of people selling sods of turf and the like..

There's nothing quite like the smell of a real turf fire!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement