Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM07 - Who'd you pick?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dalli.S wrote:
    Trill,

that Weah guy is that the junior young one, at some swiss club??

yeah thats the one. When I went up Milan offered him on a season long loan to me. Its part of some linkage\feeder club agreement I agreed with them.

Poxy board only offered me 1m transfer fund. Hopefully I can survive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

In my 4th Season with LFC.

In the first season I splashed all my money on Huntelaar but he was an incredible disappointment. Played a 4-1-3-2 formation. With Alonso sitting and pinging balls about the place, Momo/Masch hunting people downa nd Kewell/Gonzalez and Gerrard on the wings. I just scraped a CL place on the last day and was knocked out of all cups. Despite the poor season the board liked me and some of my youths performed incredibly. Most noticeably Sissoko and Dan Agger, I sold them both. Momo to Munich and Agger to Real (28 million and 17 million). Used Aggers money to bring in Raul Albiol (10 million) fantastic signing. Incredibly consistant and versatile. Made Mascheranos move permanent from West Ham. Also Barca came sniffinf at Reina and offered 18 million. Out went Reina in came Akinfeev. Still had a bit of money left over and I wasnt happy with my strikers so I brought back the Prodigal son, Micheal Owen. Payed 11 million for him, nice bit of business. Those were all the signings i made that summer, but I had my pre-arranged ones to deal with. In came Voronin and Leto, and also Flo-Po, Cisse and Le Tallac all came back.

So the second season starts and I'm still very inconsistent in the league, my start striker Kuyt gets injured and is out for 4 months. Have Crouch in to deputise but he's just not doing it. Voronin knocked in a few and Flo-Po wasnt terrible. Albiol slotted right in and Owen was having a great time scoring goals off Crouchies knock downs. Come Christmas I decide to ship Flo-Po out on loan, he goes to Milan. Voronin has been moaning so in the reserves he goes. Bellamy cant finish for muck so Portsmout beckoned him. Arbeloa and Aurelio had to go aswell, in come Bale and Eduardo Ratinho as cover. Also during this time I notice my young CB Jack Hobbs is looking an excellent prospect, just as well cos Carra gets injured and Sami isnt always able to play 2 games a week. Hobbs does well, not a world-beater yet though.
    The season finishes with me up in 2nd, I also won the FA Cup and the Champions league. Mainly thanks to Kuyt, also Gerrard was immense.

Into the 3rd season, I'm still not happy with my strikers so out goes Bellamy and Voronin in comes Tevez. 30 million but worth it, nearly a goal a game striker for me. Finnan is past it at this stage and Ratinho I dont think is good enough to be a constant starter, so Dani Alves is brought in, 16 million. Those are my only signings, Flo-Po goes back to Milan on loan. I'm hesitant to sell him as he is scoring alot in Italy and his stats are great. The season starts off with a slight hitch, a 3-0 thrashing from Utd. After that though it's clear sailing to the top. Tevez and Kuyt can't stop scoring. Managed to remain injury free more or less. Come Christmas my scouts are raving about a young Spanish goalkeeper, Xavier Saiz. I take a look his stats are incredible, we're talking 20's for most of them (even eccentricity!). So I sign him for a steal at 250K, he's now understudy to Akinfeev. Christmas comes and goes without any major signing, I do however have Milan and Real sniffinf after Gerrard and Alonso. My team keeps their domestic form and we sail on to win the Premiership, although did suffer a defeat to Valencia knocking us out of the CL. It's towards the end of the season that I give my young'uns a run out. Hobbs, Bale, Ratinho and Anderson are the star performers of them all. By the last game Hobbs, Bale and Anderson are all 'wonderkids'.

Into the 09/10 season. Nothing much happens in the summer, I shift some older players, Garcia, Kewell, Hyppia etc. and send Huntelaar on loan to Newcastle, Flo goes to Juventus on loana also get rid of Crouch to Rangers for 4.1 million. Rest of the team remains the same though. So my current line-up and second string are:

GK: Akinfeev (very consistent excellent shotstopper) Saiz (insanely talented, very young though, high eccentricity often sees him running up for corners, getting sent off! Not too often though.)
    DR: Dani Alves (best RB in the game IMO. Great stamina and good crossing) Ratinho (A younger Alves, great free-taker aswell)
    DL: Riise (immense, never tires and my god can he put them away) Bale (finally coming into his own, great hitter of the ball, and free kicks are almost guaranteed to go in)
    DC: Albiol (fantastic, one of the best defenders in the game, great footballer too) Laurence Gaughan (young Irish player, I have high hopes for him)
    DC: Carragher (Mr. Consistent, my rock in the defence) Hobbs (has all the right attributes for a CB just still a little naive, scores a fair bit with headers)
    DMC: Alonso (I've had bids of 50 million for him, but he's staying in Liverpool. Fantastic player)
    ML: Gonzalez (fast and scores, though I'm considering replacing him, he gets injured alot) Leto (after a season on loan with Rangers he came back a great player)
    MC: Mascherano (ball winner, good passer, tireless)
    MR: Gerrard (i dont need to say anything) Anderson (fantastic pace, great crossing stat aswell)
    FC: Tevez (scores, great work rate and good amount of assists) Owen (pacey and clinical finisher)
    FC: Kuyt (not the fastest but incredibly strong, godly amount of assists but also great return on goals) Ian Dodgson (referred to as the next Geoff Hurst, okay but still very young. only 18)

And that's it. We'll see what this season holds for me, I'm looking to buy C. Ronaldo, I'll tell ye how that works out!

Trilla wrote:
    Premiership
    bought - McShane, Dunn, Diaz
    frees - Davids, Vieri, Hilario
    Sold - Neill Collins, Dwight Yorke
    loaned - Denilson, Weah, Fletcher

I'm struggling in the premiership at the minute:

-P---W---D---L---Pts
    -11--3---3---5---12

I'm in a bit of bother, managed to get another 3 million of the board...so with my kitty of 4m I purchased

Premiership January Window
    bought - Campo,Giggs,O Cearuil
    frees - Siberiski, Crickett, Lea
    Sold - none
    loaned - Denilson (renewed)

Trying to buy Jack Hobbs off Liverpool to strengthen the backline. I thought my team and squad alone would be enough to come around the 12-14th place, but Im forth from bottom on the 7th of Jan. Heres the 1st eleven:

Hilario

--Nosworthy----McShane----Campo
    Wallace--

--Edwards---Dunn---Denilson---Fletcher---Giggs--

Conolly

In Reserve:

Ward
    Crickett

Clarke
    Diaz
    Wright
    Varga
    Lea

Hysen
    Kavanagh
    Davids
    Leadbitter
    Berger
    Siberiski

Stokes
    Elliot
    Vieri
    Weah

Trilla, get Hobbs. He's amazing!

Slurms wrote:
    Trilla, get Hobbs. He's amazing!

Doing my best, but times are hard at the Stadium of Light. I tried to get him and/or Jakielka but to no avail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

well, i got weah foir 95k, loaned him to my feeder, Hamilton.

Sibieski (£65k i think) has been a revelation, 12 goals 12 games,

have progressed to the 6th rounf of FA cup after getting past Spurs, Sheffield Utd and Newcastle....have drawn the predictable.......Man U.
    I could make europe......

Have won the last 9 league games and unbeaten in 11........so there are 3 teams sitting at the top of the championship on 67 points...........im one of them

my numerous tranfers are comming through.

Just signed Costil for £475k, hell be joning in the summer
    Looking for some other bargains.....LVFC have just put Aurelio on the market. I want him, but i think porto will get him.......hopefully i get a good budget next year should i go up.,.....£5mil will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Dalli.S wrote:
    well, i got weah foir 95k, loaned him to my feeder, Hamilton.

Sibieski (£65k i think) has been a revelation, 12 goals 12 games,

have progressed to the 6th rounf of FA cup after getting past Spurs, Sheffield Utd and Newcastle....have drawn the predictable.......Man U.
    I could make europe......

Have won the last 9 league games and unbeaten in 11........so there are 3 teams sitting at the top of the championship on 67 points...........im one of them

my numerous tranfers are comming through.

Just signed Costil for £475k, hell be joning in the summer
    Looking for some other bargains.....LVFC have just put Aurelio on the market. I want him, but i think porto will get him.......hopefully i get a good budget next year should i go up.,.....£5mil will do

Ha, in December 09. Spent the first 3 months of the season unsettling C. Ronaldo and it worked! He wanted to leave the club so I put a bid in and he's on his way at the end of the season for 45 million.

So far in the Premiership, I'm top by a mile. My players are a well drilled monster! Kuyt has been unstoppable up front, it's only the start of December and he has 22 league goals, 31 for the season so far! Mark Gonzalez is leading the Premierships most highly ranked player with Stevie G and Kuyt right behind him. Sailed through my CL group and Progressed to League Cup semi final.

All's looking good, but I have a suspicion a dip in form is coming, it has to. My team can't play this good all season!

Also I had a look at my AM's team talk assessment he reckons my players would die for one another! That's nice, guess it really pays off to make the minimum of your transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 J`S

Started with Southampton in my current game. Got £6m from Spurs for bale and loaned him back for the year, got £3m off everton for Surman and managed to get him on loan. Signed Billy Sharpe, recomment him for any championship team looking for Promotion (24 goals, 8 assists). Him and Rasiak had a nice partnership. Also got in Brunt who had top assists in the Championship, and an Icelandic Defender called Sigursson(very good). Also signed a Polish lad called Polanski. Won the league, was never off top spot, had a 12 point lead at one stage. I just play a quick, short passing slightly attacking 4-4-2. 2 centre halfs set to ultra defensive, along with one centre mid. wingers and full backs are set to all out attack. Score lots of goals from everywhere in the team.

Second season, I signed Barton from Man City after they were relegated, and Got Gianpaolo Pazzini on loan from Chelsea after Viola were relegated. Ended up finishing 7th or 8th, got an intertoto spot anyway. Pazzini and Sharpe had 43 between them. Turned down offers from Liverpool, Man U and Bayern. Got offered the Inter job after Mancini went to Madrid. Took it and I'm currently unbeaten after 13 or so games. have won my last 9 games in a row in the league.

Signed Gago for 13 million and Huntellaar, also got Bale in, he's top class in it.

Gago bangs the goals in from Midfield, cant recommend him enough

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just bought the game, I first started with everton and was getting owned.

Started a new season then with chelsea just to get the feel of the game.

Started with a 79m kitty(which was rather nice.)

Currently 3rd in league with 2 games to go and in the final of the FA cup.

I bought players like

FC: David Villa( great for assisting)
    FC:Klose(scores alot and good assists)
    MC:Wesley Sneidjer

Only bought them 3 players and they play very well atm.

• Advertisement

Finished my 4th season. Won everything! Kuyt had the best year ever! 52 appearances 42 goals! Fantastic!

The 5th season hasnt started yet but as I said earlier I have Ronaldo in my squad now. Hopefully Kuyt can maintain his excellent form.

EDIT: Whoopsie I can't count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

I'm in my second season with Sunderland, got promoted through the playoffs in the first.

Doing well at the start of the Premiership season, 6th after 6 games.

Just thought I'd post up some of the players I brought in, as they're doing well for me and would also do well for smaller Premiership/Championship teams.

Firstly, if you ask for more money from Quinney you almost always get it! :)

Anyway, Franco Costanzo (about 2.5mil) great keeper, winning matches for me basically!

Kargbo, Tamas, Legrottaglie (very cheap from Juve, solid defender), Cassani, Jerome Polenz, Sabic, all great defenders.

Danny Murphy, Edgar Barretto, Youann Gouffran (classy winger about 2mil), Moussa Kalisse,

Strikers, Mika Aarritalo (fantastic buy, about 70k, now worth 4 mil, 8 goals in 8 for Finland!), Charles-Andre Doudin, Enzo Scorza (Scorzalot!), thats about all I can think of. Total cost of about 15mill for all, and doing well for themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 number9111

started as Blackpool, the board expected me to "fight bravely against relegation" in league one... brought in an 18 yr old Norwegian called Royrane on a free transfer to play left mid.. had Wes Hoolahan on loan for the season, he did really well as an attacking midfielder, andy morrell was banging in the goals... somehow ended up getting promoted via the playoffs... was real lucky, couple of last minute goals etc.. next season sold adrian forbes for 250k to plymouth to finance a couple of moves in the transfer market.. only brought in a few loans so far, my two most valuable players are all loan signings __ de vita (£1.5m), zhar (£1.2m). got a few decent players on free transfers aswell.. sebastien larsson, nuno morais, danny cadamarteri and hayden fox.. around mid-table at the moment, any time i've come up against the better championship teams i've been absolutely destroyed... birmingham, sheffield utd, sunderland... being beaten 6-1, 4-0 etc.. hopefully a few more decent players on free transfers and on loan next season and i'll make the playoffs:) :) also, four or five of the players have me listed in their favored personnel... i know it doesn't really make much of a difference but still :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

I played with Arsenel.
    Won the premiership 4 times, won the Champion's league once, got to the final twice.
    Won the FA cup once and the league cup 2times.
    Had a triple once... but I won it with league cup...
    Got bored and I resigned because I saw a vacancy with brazil just before the copa america. Got to the finals and lost :(
    I resigned because some other manager got sacked.
    Applied chelsea and got the job.
    I was one of the favourites from Arsenel but after I joined Chelsea it disappeared :P
    Played Chelsea for 2 season but failed to win.....
    Man UTD won the premiership twice...
    Got bored and asked the board to expand the stadium.
    Got rejected and did an ultimatium.
    They accepted it but I asked the board for more money.
    Got sacked after ultimatium.
    Played until 2013 I think....
    I usually don't turn off the computer.
    After I turned it on for 10 days, the addictiveness meter said something like a true fm player.
    I forget... it was after the message "you can now put it in your cv".
    Anyway I'm playing with watford and I'm 18th :P
    I suck....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

what league 1 team would be a good choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

eoccork wrote:
    what league 1 team would be a good choice?

try bradford city - i am in a game at the moment and got them back into premiership after 2nd season and now looking like reaching championship playoffs in season 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Zlatan Ljulibvich

a great FC, bought him for 2.8 mil aged22 from a Slovak team for Man Utd
    Got him in the Janurary tranger window 07-08 season, after a few games it was obvious he was a bargain finished with 9 goals 7 assists.

7 games into 08-09 he has 5 in my first 6 games, he plays well with Rooney but not so good with Smith, but a very good bargain in under a year his value is now 5.5 mil, great strength,pace,flair,workrate,finishing. Go get him!

Anyone recomend 2 CB's that are up and coming in a 08-09 season?

Also Hanging on to Alan smith was excellent,25 goals last year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Just started out with Preston. Bit of a challenge considering theres literally no transfer funds to begin with. Signed in Chris Sutton on a free. Sold enough reserves to get myself 275k to buy someone in. Gonna try get myself an experienced enough player to captain a young enough side. Gonna try to cut the wagebill quite a bit so theres a nest egg there for me to buy in some top class players for next season. Will keep Nugent for a little while and see how much I can get for him. The aim is to definitely be challenging for europe within 4 or 5 seasons though. However unrealistic that is haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Zlatan Ljulibvich

a great FC, bought him for 2.8 mil aged22 from a Slovak team for Man Utd
    Got him in the Janurary tranger window 07-08 season, after a few games it was obvious he was a bargain finished with 9 goals 7 assists.

7 games into 08-09 he has 5 in my first 6 games, he plays well with Rooney but not so good with Smith, but a very good bargain in under a year his value is now 5.5 mil, great strength,pace,flair,workrate,finishing. Go get him!

Anyone recomend 2 CB's that are up and coming in a 08-09 season?

Also Hanging on to Alan smith was excellent,25 goals last year:D

I signed 2 savage centre backs, Felipe from Udinese €6.75m & Luiszo (spelling is wrong) from corithians (i think) €4.5m, best bet is just raid the brazilian U20 & U23 youth teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

DSB wrote:
    Just started out with Preston. Bit of a challenge considering theres literally no transfer funds to begin with. Signed in Chris Sutton on a free. Sold enough reserves to get myself 275k to buy someone in. Gonna try get myself an experienced enough player to captain a young enough side. Gonna try to cut the wagebill quite a bit so theres a nest egg there for me to buy in some top class players for next season. Will keep Nugent for a little while and see how much I can get for him. The aim is to definitely be challenging for europe within 4 or 5 seasons though. However unrealistic that is haha.
    Been at home sick so I've had plenty of time for this game. Had a pretty poor first season finished 17th despite being in 2nd place at christmas. My small squad wasn't really able to cope with the injuries. Haven't really spent yet in my 2nd season either got Per Weirauch (excellent young right midfielder) from Chelsea and Damien Bellon in on frees aswell as David Healy and James Vaughan to play up front. Sold most of my old first team and replaced them with younger players to keep myself 45 thousand under the wage budget. Brought my balance up by 3 and a half million. 17 games into season 2 and I'm in 7th place. Hopefully I'll get up this season if not I'm sure my young squad will have matured alot and I'll have plenty of money to supplement that with some top class buys in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Playing Serie A with Genoa with 5 games to go. Table is:

1. Juventus - Pld 33, Pts 60
    2. Sampdoria - Pld 33, Pts 59
    3. Genoa - Pld 33, Pts 59
    4. Milan - Pld 33, Pts 56
    5. Roma - Pld 33, Pts 56
    6. Inter - Pld 33, Pts 55
    7. Fiorentina - Pld 33, Pts 55
    8. Udinese - Pld 33, Pts 55

It's going to be an interesting run in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Started a new game with Fiorentina. Yet to kick off in the league and starting with -15 is gonna be a mountain to climb. Luca Toni wants to move but I'll only let him go if i can get €30mil +. Made a few loan signings due to a low trnsfer kitty. (aliadiere, doudin, banovic, duljaj) also signed a co-ownership deal for nicola amoruso. All my best players are wanted and I'm expecting a fight to try to keep them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Does anyone ever start unemployed? I think this is the best way to go, and then work your way up, either with the club, or by doing enough to get hired by a bigger club. The only team who would hire me was Rushdun & Diamonds in the Conference....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

evil_seed wrote:
    Started a new game with Fiorentina. Yet to kick off in the league and starting with -15 is gonna be a mountain to climb. Luca Toni wants to move but I'll only let him go if i can get €30mil +. Made a few loan signings due to a low trnsfer kitty. (aliadiere, doudin, banovic, duljaj) also signed a co-ownership deal for nicola amoruso. All my best players are wanted and I'm expecting a fight to try to keep them

i played a game with fiorentina aswell but i started with -19 points and i found it easy enough, i picked up ambrosini and kaladze on loan form milan and bought cardenas and played a 4-2-3-1 with toni up front as a target man(30+ goals) and had a rotation between mutu,cardenas,montolivio and jorgenson who all got in the double digits for goals scored and assists and i won the league by a point, i was knocked out of the cup in the second round by atalanta and im currently only a month or so into the second season but iv had mixed results i won 5-2 away from home against barca in my first game and drew 0-0 at home with panathankios so im top by goal difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

evil_seed wrote:

well i got throgh the 1st season. Acoli knocked me out of the cup in the 2nd round and it looks like these are my bogey team cos they beat me in the league twice. Struggled for a while and remained in 17th for a loooonnng time, but when Pazzini came back he turned around everything. I think he's the best striker in the game. After missing 5 months through injury he came back to score 25 goals and lift the team up to eighth place (if it wasn't for the -15 i would have been 2nd). Finished as 2nd top scorer in the league behind Ibrahimovic on 26. Preseason now and have signed Toni, Montolivo and Pazzini to long term deals. Sold Mutu for 22.5 mil and brought in Kompany for 17 mil. Looking at some free transfer now and can't wait for the new season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

I picked Napoli and got them promoted into the Serie A after 2 seasons. After a few years of struggle i got them into the Uefa cup. I got a few quid so i signed Woodgate and Alex (the CB) and Tim Howard in goal. Now my team is leaking goals like no tomorrow. I dont get it, i had nobodies in defence and i finished 5th and now i have world class defenders and i am 15th. :(

Advertisement