Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a partner

Options
  • 01-11-2006 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi guys,

kinda sick of the scene (in limerick) and looking to find some decent, genuine guys for friendship. ideally looking for a partner. have tried the chat rooms but the majority of guys are just looking to hook up for sex. don't get me wrong, sex is great and i love it. anyone got any ideas???? ::( :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Don't try here. We're a right bunch of mingers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 limkguy

as long as he's a good looking minger i don't mind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

MicraBoy wrote:
    Don't try here. We're a right bunch of mingers!
    speak for yourself, i'm dead sexeh *rubs a fried chicken on his moobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'm pretty much in exactly the same boat, except I'm in Waterford. I'm sure there are suitable guys out there somewhere. Maybe I need to work on my mating call or something.

edit: Oh yes, you wanted ideas. I'm not sure, maybe try putting out a personal ad, or perhaps see if there are any non scene LGB groups in your area. I don't know Limerick terribly well, I'm sure it's like that book Angelas ashes and nothing has changed in the last fifty years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

as long as he's a good looking minger i don't mind :P

Houston, we have a problem!
    speak for yourself, i'm dead sexeh *rubs a fried chicken on his moobs*

mmmmm chicken

• Advertisement

thanks guys but i'm still no wiser! oh and please don't mention that author! he's not liked in limerick......was a good book of prose but that's all i'll say! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the scene is kinda non existant here in limerick these days....the globe closed and dolans will be finishing shortly....supposed to be a new gay friendly pub open.....same faces though!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

limkguy wrote:
    oh and please don't mention that author! he's not liked in limerickQUOTE]

I'm from Limerick and I liked him :( . But sorry, I don't have any ideas for you- except maybe to move ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Try gaydar.co.uk, you get the usual size queens and married men sending messages but in general if you sniff around you will soon find some really nice people/friends. I’ve meet a few from there and all worked out fine.

thanks mobile, yeah i go into gaydar chat and also have made some good friends there.....lot's of what you say also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

My advice would to get involved in any Gay oriented sports clubs\social clubs if there are any down in Limerick. There is a gay tennis club, a rugby team and football team here in Dublin. It may be easier to get involved with the tennis as they do not require a weekly training commitment like the others and have tournaments in different parts of the country throughout the year.

That way you will get to meet more Gay people thus increasing your chances of meeting that special man.

All the best in your search,
    Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark.....Will look into what you have suggested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

The Red Ribbon project while catering mainly for s.t.d does I think offer services for l.g.b.t people....I think there may be a coffee evening one night a week, there was at one point anyway, Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

I've used most mating areenas and I had alot of bf and gf, I've gold fish memory. So u can tell I suck at them. My str8 friends are lucky if they have 1 every 2yrs.

Increased Oportunity don't not equal Icreased Success.

College LGB's (even if ur not in college), gay bars, net, friends(i haven't with bf), work (I know lesbain who did), Sauna (stats for success are low, can't think why), travel to a big city (so u have more **** to say no to), alternitive str8 nights(backlash in dublin), Set-up something your self (I like a self starter myself).

Advertisement