Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Ink

Options
  • 01-11-2006 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to see if anyone could recommend an artist for white ink work, preferably one good at lettering?
    Planning to order the UV inks later today (ordering what should be enough for an additional 2 test tattoos prior to the actual piece) and rather than just asking anyone to do it I'd rather only ask those who are experienced with white ink, and so working with inks that are difficult to see the coverage of. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone who's both a good artist and willing to give it a try, but I accept the odds are against me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You'll need an uv lamp more then someone used to working with white ink, as the ink is clear under normal light. So once you got the lamp it should just be like a normal ink to use.

I still recommend against it though, but i think we've had this discussion before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Not a problem, I have UV lamps and can get suitable goggles should the artist be concerned about the effect of the UV light on their eyes.
    Problem is that the ink will show white but the blood that weeps from the tattoo will be black, so hence it'd be better if the person has experience with white ink work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Tbh i can't of anyone who has major white ink experience besides using it as a highlight. Best bet is try the reputable parlors and see how that goes.

Guess I'll just ask around so, thanks anyway (knew it was a slim chance of people knowing anyone good at white work off hand as it's far less common than the other colours).

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

search this forum there are a couple of old threads on this topic, somebody may have mentioned someone who has done some work with it.

• Advertisement

There was a mention of a Debbie or Denise (I'm crap with names) who had worked in Snakebite and moved to Celestial Ring, but that was a few months back so not sure how in date that info is or even if she has much experience with white ink.
    Mostly the threads were peoples' oppinions on white ink tattoos and the dangers of UV ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i reckon you'd be hard pressed to find someone around town willing to do UV tattooing with the health concerns regarding it.

i dont really see the point of it personally, unless your a club kid or planning on starring in a remake of Tron

white ink usually looks pretty terrible imo

I'm hoping that it will be completely invisible on my skin tone as there's a tattoo I want to get but where I want it would be too visible and I'd rather not find that I can't get a job in the industry I have a degree as a result. Plan to get two test tattoos, one on a fleshy part one on a boney part of the body, as scaring will also affect the visibility of the tattoo, so with the two different textures I should have a fair idea of how visible the final one would be and if I can proceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Stand

No tattoo will be completely invisible, even if you couldn't see the ink, u'll see the scar the needle leaves.

Advertisement