Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas?

Options
  • 01-11-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Myself and my boyfriend will be minding his niece and nephew this weekend. The girl is ten and boy is seven. We’re trying to think of things we can do with them.. all I can think of so far is the cinema. Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Where are you - if Dublin the zoo is great if weather good (my kids love the cafe outside it Phoenix Park Tea Rooms) or if weather not so good the natural history museum is good too (there are pretty interesting work sheets the kids can do). Bowling can be good (ask for the "sausage - thingys" to be put in the lanes). Other things my kids love - trip on the Dart to Dun Laoire /Howth and fish and chips on the pier, Donadea forest park, Glendalough

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

doesn't all have to be trips out either...what about

board games, pencil and paper games (dots, x's & o's, consequences etc.,), making pancakes, treasure hunt (hide something in the house and make up clues for them to solve), painting, salt dough, papier mache....let me know if you need more! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you go with ArthurDent's good idea of a trip to the Zoo - you could also bring them to see the deer herds in the park afterwards. Maybe also collect conkers too.

OP - If you mentioned the general area that you are in it would help.

Advertisement