Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Repair for Ministry of sound 5.1??? Anyone know?

• 01-11-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

My brother in laws Ministry of sound surround sound system has developed a fault and needs to be repaired. Anyone know of a shop that repairs Ministry of Sound / similar systems?? He was quite happy with the product ..until it broke that is. Any help would be appreciated. I'm based in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I was quite happy with that product as well until it broke and I got a replacement from Argos.
    Then, my replacement broke.
    It is a dud product with the speakers design being the only plus point(the actual speaker mechanics inside are rubbish).

MOS have no ROI setup for repairs and the only way I could find to get rid was to argue my case that it was a faulty product(1 year warranty wasn't up).
    I recommend getting a seperate amp and speakers.
    It will do alot better than this ever will.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

TVDX wrote:
    I recommend getting a seperate amp and speakers.

quite a difference in price points though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

Not looking 2 good then 4 my brother in law. It seems he is going to have to buy a new unit....it will be the last time he buys anything from a company that doesn't provide an after-sales service.

mossym wrote:
    quite a difference in price points though..

I can tell you, in the case of this unit, the extra price you will pay will save you money in the long term.

TVDX wrote:
    I can tell you, in the case of this unit, the extra price you will pay will save you money in the long term.

you don't have to tell me. entry level amp and 5.1 speakers will run you the bones of a grand for anything worth listenting to.. thats a pretty big jump for someone spending 200 euros on an al in one system..

perhaps a HTIB set from a more well known manufacturer might suit him better. Komplett have some that would be a much better buy than the MOS set ever was...

and TVDX, you don't have to sell me on the merits of serperates, i have a denon 3803 driving B&W 6 series speakers, and a sub that will strip plaster..i agree completely with you, but not everyone wants to spend enough to get into seperates

• Advertisement

When did I try to sell you anything?.
    Your the one telling me you need to spend a grand to have seperates decent enough to listen to.
    That's your opinion, I don't agree.
    You can puy much less and do BETTER than the MOS system the OP has.
    I should know as I had two of them.

amm..i wasn't arguing with you...i was agreeing with you? the money is better spent on seperates..you're dead right..but my opinion is you have to spend a bit on seperates to get anything good...way more than the set he has....

to prove it...double what he paid, and show me one amp and speaker set that you can get for 400 euros

that's all..or by your point , you can get a decent sound system for 150 euros? show me one..

Right well the communication error came with the idea I was trying to sell you on something which I wasn't.

But here follows two items costing a total of 373 euro that would be far better than the MOS setup.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=331

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=24&ProductID=515

They may be low budget but I assure you they are better than the rebadged Eltax "MOS" system.

okay, well i'll eat humble pie. I've never seen a receiver that low before. HOwever i still reckon that some of the htib systems from better makes than MOs would beat that system for sound. that's personall preference though..but you've made your point, that would beat the MOS system

Advertisement