Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS Archive

Options
  • 01-11-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All,

does anyone know of an archive of DNS records. Basically what I am looking for is that last 5 DNS changes for a certain domain.

I don't know if this exists but if it does I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Is it a .com or a .ie?

By DNS change do you mean where the A records point or the nameservers used?

If it's a .com you might find domaintools.com to be of some use

For a .ie you would have to ask the IEDR or jmcc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

marcphisto wrote:
    does anyone know of an archive of DNS records. Basically what I am looking for is that last 5 DNS changes for a certain domain.
    What extension and over what period? As Blacknight says - I have databases here that track domain movements and registrations (com/net/org/biz/info/ie/eu). The domaintools.com site might be ok if it is actually monitoring the domain (it only caches and tracks domains that users enter). But knowing the domain would help.

Regards...jmcc.

Advertisement