Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need GMail invite please?

Options
  • 01-11-2006 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Could someone send me a GMail invite please?

bread.board@hotmail.com

/plz move if in wrong forum...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

No problem. Done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Thank you David Behan ;)

/close thread plz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why is Gmail still invite only?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Dunno actually. Was thinking about that the other day. Possibly to do with spam signups or something. Not sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Maybe because its still considered to be in the Beta stages. In the US and some other countries you can get an invitation code via your mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Maybe because its still 'beta' although I don't see whats really beta about, works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I think it will always remain in beta tbh.
    Something to do with the legalities of their data mining of email content.
    Don't take my work on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

What if, for some reason, Google drop the gmail service? Would they drop the current gmail users? Just a fear I have! Probably not -- it would be bad PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'd say the chances of them dropping the GMail service are basically nil.

Don't know why they're still using invites, or why it's still in beta, but the invites aren't at all hard to get and give new users a feeling that they're part of something exciting and exclusive. Bit of a viral marketing ploy if you ask me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wouldn't worry - give it a few years and nobody will be using email - we'll have upgraded to fmail instead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

he he he :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It's still in Beta, and they haven't found a viable way to downgrade the server load of the service... Until then, it will be an invite-only service.

As a sidenote, google are afraid to drop their serive because if they do, their shares will crash because of a lack of reputation/trust on the company...

Advertisement