Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM speed after overclock.

Options
  • 01-11-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently bought an Asus PW5 DH Delux Motherboard, 1Gb Xtreem PC6400 [SIZE=-1]4-4-4-10 RAM and a Core2 E6600.
    When everything was at stock my RAM would show up as PC4800 Single Channel mode. I assumed this was because the FSB was at 266Mhz.
    I just overlcocked my CPU's FSB to 333Mhz giving me an effective 3Ghz speed (51 Degrees running dual prime95 on stock heat sink, not bad. I say I could get it to 3.6Ghz with a Tunic tower). Thing is now my RAM shows up as [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]PC3200 Single Channel mode?. ClockGen shows my RAM to be running at 250Mhz. I was expecting it to be running at 333Mhz since my FSB is that speed? Am I missing something here?

Thanks
    John.
    [/SIZE]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

your ram is on a divider to the cpu speed. Sounds like 2:3 rather then the 1:1 you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

YEah, that board is nutorious for setting a divider. You will need to update your bios if you havent already done this. Then put the divider on 1:1, then when it starts to fail use 9:10

Also the tuniq is amazing, pog has one. Hes hitting 47c @ 3.2ghz ( i think ) with 1.475 or 1.375 ( i think )

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Well I forced my RAM to PC5400 in the bios so now both RAM and FSB are running at 333 and the RAM is on Dual Channel Interleaved. Don't know why dual channel wasn't working before. One thing is, I was playing UT2004 for about an hour there and my computer crashed. Hope it was just some random thing and not because of the overclock. I also have a 7600gt running at 610 GPU and 810 Memory. I cant see how UT2004 could cause a crash and not Dual Prime95's. UT2004 wouldn't even use 2 cores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

but dul prime95 dosent really stress the graphics. I would suggest you run the graphics at lower core/mem and then loop 3dmark overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

anti wrote:
    but dul prime95 dosent really stress the graphics. I would suggest you run the graphics at lower core/mem and then loop 3dmark overnight.

yeh possibly a graphics issue, did you notice any artifacts at all while playing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement