Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Disc problem

Options
  • 01-11-2006 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey..just built a new computer and put two hard drives in it, both are showing up in the bios and the device manager says both are working fine...but the problem is only one is showing up in 'my computer'.

any ideas on where iv gone wrong? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Has it been formatted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What way are the jumpers in them?? Are they set as slave as master?? Cable select??

Also what sizes are the hard drives??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As Ruu says, has it been partitioned/formatted? I assume you installed windows on on the one that is working but didn't do anything with the second.

If this is the case then you should be able to go to 'Control Panel' > 'Administrative Tools' > 'Computer Management' and click Disk Management. I don't have a windows install to hand to check but the second disk should show up there and you should just be able to right click and select to format/partition it.

(If the disk already has been formatted on another PC and has files on it don't do the above as you'll lose them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 P__l

ah thanks for the fast replies guys, iv got it now...i didnt realise it had to be formatted if it was brand new

:)

Advertisement