Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 L xxxx - Black Honda Civic - Parks In Disabled Bays

Options
  • 01-11-2006 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Mahon Point Tesco car park in Cork, hopped out of the car with a sprightly step, as did the other two people in the car. No disabled sticker, just a fat, ignorant f*ck and his ignorant family. If you see him today, be sure to give him the finger; if you're googling his reg, please don't buy his car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

how would u like ur reg put online u fool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I know it's really, really, really petty, but how about doing a sticky with "look what I saw today" but just for pictures of cars/people doing things they shouldn't ? And bonus points if you get a pic of the offender wearing an angry face:D

Title could be "Today I saw a classic gobshyte and took a pic" as per the thread in Classic Cars

Here's a couple of foglighters - the black Golf on St. Stephen's Green needed his on, I guess, as the sun was shining nice and bright. The yellow Micra ? As if the car just wasn't already bright enough, he had to light up all his lights. It was broad daylight, good conditions too - M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

dahamsta wrote:
    Mahon Point Tesco car park in Cork, hopped out of the car with a sprightly step, as did the other two people in the car. No disabled sticker, just a fat, ignorant f*ck and his ******** ******* ******. If you see him today, be sure to give him the finger; if you're googling his reg, please don't buy his car.

Although I agree that people like this should be named and shamed, you really need to remove the reference to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

On the subject of Spot/Fog lights.

I have two settings in my car one for spot lights and another for fog lights. With spot lights option on just the front lights are on and with the fog lights option on both front and rear are on.

Do most new cars not have this option. The car I drive is a T Sport celica

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mojito wrote:

I have two settings in my car one for spot lights and another for fog lights. With spot lights option on just the front lights are on and with the fog lights option on both front and rear are on.

Are you sure that what you are referring to as the "spot lights" are not in fact front fog lights?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Mojito wrote:

You actually have three options, the third one is off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

blahblah06 wrote:
    how would u like ur reg put online u fool
    I don't park in disabled bays. When I do, you're welcome to post my reg, okay? BTW, that thing in front of you? That's a key-board. Not a mobile phone. It has all the letters on there, one to a key. Give 'em a go there, see how you get on.
    prospect wrote:
    Although I agree that people like this should be named and shamed, you really need to remove the reference to his family.
    These are not hard to discern from regular parking spaces, there's a whole block of them separate from regular parking, and enormous signage. They knew they were going into a disabled spot as well as he did, yet there wasn't a word out of them; in fact they were all laughing their heads off. Like I said, ignorant knackers.

I'm with you there franksm. I was behind someone with their foglight on yesterday and I was raging. People don't get that if there's someone right behind you, you don't need it on. But then Irish drivers don't get a lot of things.

adam

Anan1 wrote:
    Are you sure that what you are referring to as the "spot lights" are not in fact front fog lights?

BINGO!

Do you have this option in your car or is this an unsual feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Mojito wrote:

By any chance, when you turn on your "spot" lights, do you get an indicator like the image like this http://driversed.com/courseware/BTW/graphics/warning_lights_11.jpg in your instrument cluster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

franksm wrote:
    I know it's really, really, really petty, but how about doing a sticky with "look what I saw today" but just for pictures of cars/people doing things they shouldn't ? And bonus points if you get a pic of the offender wearing an angry face:D

Title could be "Today I saw a classic gobshyte and took a pic" as per the thread in Classic Cars

Here's a couple of foglighters - the black Golf on St. Stephen's Green needed his on, I guess, as the sun was shining nice and bright. The yellow Micra ? As if the car just wasn't already bright enough, he had to light up all his lights. It was broad daylight, good conditions too - M50.

Maybe someone has a picture of you taking a picture with your mobile while driving;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Mc-BigE wrote:
    Maybe someone has a picture of you taking a picture with your mobile while driving;)
    I never use the mobile in the car, I have to type a pin code into the thing just to unlock the keypad. No, those pics were from a proper digi camera :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dahamsta wrote:
    Mahon Point Tesco car park in Cork, hopped out of the car with a sprightly step, as did the other two people in the car.
    Report it to the security people at Mahon Point. If they don't care, go up the chain to their supervisor. The fine is 85 euro.
    If they don't care then consider reporting them to the Irish Wheelchair Association and/or the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

daymobrew wrote:
    consider reporting them to the Irish Wheelchair Association and/or the Gardai.
    I'm not familiar with the car park but if it is in Tescos, then it is private property and out of the remit of the Gardai.
    dahamsta wrote:
    Mahon Point Tesco car park in Cork, hopped out of the car with a sprightly step, as did the other two people in the car. No disabled sticker, just a fat, ignorant f*ck and his ignorant knacker family. If you see him today, be sure to give him the finger; if you're googling his reg, please don't buy his car.
    You might have more credibility for the issue if you used less aggressive/rude language. The terms used seem apt to describe yourself. And you want us to take your advice :rolleyes: If you see someone travelling over the posted speed limit will you do the same. Although unmannerly, parking on a disabled bay in a private car park is not illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

daymobrew wrote:
    If they don't care then consider reporting them to the Irish Wheelchair Association and/or the Gardai.

Why? They can't do anything about it. It's a private car park, and the proprieter needs to enforce it's regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

How sad do you have to be to go around posting up peoples registrations that you happened to see when out and about. Its none of your business, its the carpark owners business but if you want to make it your business why didnt you say it to the driver himself or even to the carpark caretakers or whatever instead of moaning on an internet site?

I think we should have a sticky where we post the names of posters who "done nothing" about something they witnessed and were annoyed and could have done something through the proper channels at the time, but instead prefer to go home and whinge about the incident like a little nerd on a website.

Either speak up there and then or get a fookin life.

Out of interest what car do you drive and what year is it? And why is he a knacker family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

Nuttzy wrote:
    How sad do you have to be to go around posting up peoples registrations that you happened to see when out and about. Its none of your business, its the carpark owners business but if you want to make it your business why didnt you say it to the driver himself or even to the carpark caretakers or whatever instead of moaning on an internet site?

I think we should have a sticky where we post the names of posters who "done nothing" about something they witnessed and were annoyed and could have done something through the proper channels at the time, but instead prefer to go home and whinge about the incident like a little nerd on a website.

Either speak up there and then or get a fookin life.

Out of interest what car do you drive and what year is it? And why is he a knacker family?
    Well said. The OP is a pussy-ass keyboard warrior. Wonder why he didn't call them a "knacker family" to their faces....yet he acts all tough on the net when he gets home!

Nuttzy wrote:
    For a change, I find myself in agreement with you Nuttzy. :D :eek:

dubstub wrote:
    By any chance, when you turn on your "spot" lights, do you get an indicator like the image like this http://driversed.com/courseware/BTW/graphics/warning_lights_11.jpg in your instrument cluster?

I get 2 different images, one for the front and one for the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Mojito, they are not "spot lights" they are your front fog lights. It's illegal to have them on if its not foggy.

lightening wrote:
    Mojito, they are not "spot lights" they are your front fog lights. It's illegal to have them on if its not foggy.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thats not the question I asked but while your at it did you also know its illegal to drink and drive as well! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mojito wrote:
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thats not the question I asked but while your at it did you also know its illegal to drink and drive as well! :eek:
    Do your parents know you're using their computer?

Anan1 wrote:
    Do your parents know you're using their computer?

Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

What a strange thread!

The person in Mahon may have had any number of debilitating illnesses. I don't believe disabled spaces are solely for people on wheelchairs or crutches. The driver may indeed be the prime of his health, but it isn't for onlookers pass judgment one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

i think posting the reg up is a bit much, you could get into serious trouble for it too.

I tried reporting it to Mahon Point S/C, they said it wasn't their car park. No-one was available in Tesco. I didn't talk to yerman directly because I don't see why I should have to risk my personal safety.

As to my language, he - an obviously perfectly able person, with no disabled sticker on his car - intentionally parked in a disabled parking bay, therefore he's a fat ignorant f*ck. I fail to see the confusion.

How is what I drive relevant exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

poeple park ilegally all the time, the only way of making a difference is to approach the driver yourself and point out what he/she is doing wrong. Posting their reg on a site from the safety of your own home is hardly going to make a difference. nor is insulting the driver or their family.

PLEASE NOTE THAT DAHAMSTA HAS DELETED THE POST FOLLOWING THIS ONE BECAUSE HE'S CHANGED HIS MIND, OR POINT OF VIEW, OR ARGUMENT, OR LOGIC.

The original post had something about "not going to repeat myself" for those of you who missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm not going to repeat myself either. reporting it to the shopping centre is a waste of time. there was only one way you could have vented your frustration and possibly got a result.

He/she posted this in the Cork Forum and the Motors Forum but not in the Disability Forum. I wonder why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

dahamsta wrote:
    As to my language, he - an obviously perfectly able person, with no disabled sticker on his car - intentionally parked in a disabled parking bay, therefore he's a fat ignorant f*ck. I fail to see the confusion.

Are you a doctor too?

As others said. You should have taken it up with the man himself. No point telling us. Better yet you are leaving yourself, Mr. X, open to a defamation claim if your belief is completely unfounded.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm, I deleted the post you replied to as it didn't seem logical in hindsight, sorry about that. I disagree with you on both points: reporting it to the shopping centre could have gotten him clamped or towed away; and as I've already said, I don't see why I should risk my personal safety in that situation.

Wishbone Ash, I didn't post it in the Disability Forum because I'd forgotten there was one. Are you just nitpicking now because you've run out of arguments?

I've asked the mods to remove my name from maidhc's post. I have a legitimate reason to post identifying information, even if it is arguable; maidch is just trying to cause trouble because we've crossed swords before and they took the disagreement personally for some bizarre reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement