Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bloke setting fire to himself in tesco

Options
  • 01-11-2006 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

i heard on the radio earlier on something about a bloke setting fire to himself in tesco artane, the volume was very low on the radio so can anybody shed some light on this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

cant see anything on the web about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Didn't hear anything about this, but thats quite random if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

it was on the radio and is in most of the papers this morning:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/11/02/story283470.html

Poor lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

whiskeyman wrote:

Poor lad.

Whilst I have every sympathy with the chap's family and I wouldn't like to see anybody die, I would say that it was an incredibly selfish, reckless and irresponsible thing to do. His criminal act could have killed or seriously injured innocent bystanders. Why did he have to involve anybody else in his suicide attempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dats_right wrote:
    Whilst I have every sympathy with the chap's family and I wouldn't like to see anybody die, I would say that it was an incredibly selfish, reckless and irresponsible thing to do. His criminal act could have killed or seriously injured innocent bystanders. Why did he have to involve anybody else in his suicide attempt?

Yeah man, I know that. He obviously was totally fecked up in the head to do it. I just hope it wasn't something like him being refused a job in Tesco that led him to doing something as desperate as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There was something about it on the radio this mornin, also a simular thread going over in the After Hours forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

dats_right wrote:
    he didnt do it to involve others. He went into tesco to get something flammable [what, i dont know]

He's obviously not mentally well, so I dont think you should be so harsh on him, you dont even know him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

His burns were so bad that they had to wrap most of him in foil. The security lads were in bits - understandably. I feel sorry for anyone witnesing that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

sunnyjim wrote:
    His burns were so bad that they had to wrap most of him in foil. The security lads were in bits - understandably. I feel sorry for anyone witnesing that:(

Yes I have more sympathy for the people that withnessed it than I do for him. Apparently he has 90% burns to his body. That is a really desperate thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

This happened at 3.30 in the aternoon, there would have been a good few kids in there at that time :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement